The Venison TJ rebuild...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Venison TJ rebuild...

Quick turnaround TJ rebuild in the shop...

This 1999 TJ came to me after being wasted in the front by a deer. This deer had to be the size of a moose...

Front drivers corner was wasted, grill, fender, hood, cowl, door and rear passenger tub corner.

Plans were to remove the god awful 3" bodylift, rebuild the front end to a usable point, make tube fenders with flare, pull dents from cowl enough to mount hood and fender to it, do plated rear corners with 4" flare, etc...

I've never installed or removed a body lift where at least 25% of the bolts break off or the nutsert breaks free and spins....

Bodylift off and back to a square-ish usable front end... and then fender removal for the start of tubers...

When normal weld on studs wont hold to the 8# slide hammer, you weld some bolts to the body. That double wall TJ tub is damn hard to pull back out once you get a good crease in it...

Comment

Fenders framed and tubed. Plates from 1/8 and tube from 1.5x.120.

Plated, finish welded, painted, and installed.

Comment

Rear fenders and corners. 3/16 corners, fenders from 1/8 plate and 1.5x.120 again.

finish welded, painted... and done.

Comment

nice job!! you get that rear flare on the first shot? it was looking damn close! so shes done now the yeti!?!?
          Dont look @ me in that tone of voice or I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE SHIRT! :mad:

Comment

looks nice..way better than when i saw it with dear hair stuck in it. Nice work
            --------
            O____O
            (O|||||||O)
            --O---O--

Comment

Yeah, got the rear flare bend in the first shot, I was high on the hog all day long. It's pretty much done, yeah, waiting on hood latches, hood bumps, windshield washer nozzle, etc... It's the little things that drag a project out for an extra week, don't we know that Jason?

Comment

Those quarters look great Mike... Nice work
                sigpic
                chris hodges
                96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

thanks man!

Comment

That looks great! Love the fenders...
                    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

i think the little **** on buck took a month...... it seamed that way
                      Dont look @ me in that tone of voice or I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE SHIRT! :mad:

Comment

indeed it did... when you think yer done, yer barely half done.

Comment

Working...
                        X