what welder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what welder?

if you had to buy a welder right now for less than 1500.00 what would you buy? mine took a crap so im in the market but not sure. hobarts are or used to be made here in troy. looked at them but looking at a miller 210 dual voltage and auto set controls, with the spool gun i can weld alum well have the option to . thanks for the opinions !!!!! matt

i have had a lincoln 255 for about 5 years now and have never had any issue with it. im not sure what they cost these days but i would get another if i had to
    One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

for what its worth, my hobart 210 says miller all over it. transformer, gun, ect. meaning that its made by miller.... got it at tsc for 1100 on sale. i have no probs with it, and ive been through 20 something spools of wire through it.
      my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

miller 251/2

Comment

Originally posted by yellowjacket View Post
          for what its worth, my hobart 210 says miller all over it. transformer, gun, ect. meaning that its made by miller.... got it at tsc for 1100 on sale. i have no probs with it, and ive been through 20 something spools of wire through it.
          Same here.

The other positive is that TSC has a lot of parts available if necessary.

Comment

X3 , have no complaints with mine .

Comment

Welder

I recently bought a Lincoln 180c mig. It is a 220 volt machine. The c designation reflects it having continuously adjustable settings instead of fixed spots. I am new at welding, so I cannot give you any real feedback compared to other machines. For what I have done, I am very pleased with it. So far I have burnt through two spools of the flux core wire just practicing and learning to actually watch the puddle as I am working. If all goes well, I will be setting up the shielding gas next week and practicing some more.

I believe they are about $700 right now after a rebate.

Lowes had the 180 without the continuous adjustable setting for less than above.
              sigpic1950 CJ3A. Oddfire 225 V6, T-86 transmission, Dana 18 transfer case, 4 wheel disc brakes, locked front and rear. Manual saginaw steering. Warn winch, 9,000#.

Comment

Originally posted by Flxratd View Post
                i have had a lincoln 255 for about 5 years now and have never had any issue with it. im not sure what they cost these days but i would get another if i had to
                x2

love mine.

Comment

Originally posted by redcj3a View Post
                  I recently bought a Lincoln 180c mig. It is a 220 volt machine. The c designation reflects it having continuously adjustable settings instead of fixed spots. I am new at welding, so I cannot give you any real feedback compared to other machines. For what I have done, I am very pleased with it. So far I have burnt through two spools of the flux core wire just practicing and learning to actually watch the puddle as I am working. If all goes well, I will be setting up the shielding gas next week and practicing some more.

I believe they are about $700 right now after a rebate.

Lowes had the 180 without the continuous adjustable setting for less than above.
                  Ive had this one for almost a year i've always used gas and have no complaints. I also have a miller 250 at work it is a real nice welder but a lot higher and space taking. If I wasn't going to do a whole lot I would get a 110volt just for convenience sometime wish my 180 was 110.
                  Casey built cj7, amc 360 fuel injected, 39.5 Irocs,14 bolt+60 detroits, 4 linked front and rear, 203/205 doubler etc...........

Comment

Originally posted by RD TRCTR View Post
                    Same here.

The other positive is that TSC has a lot of parts available if necessary.
                    Originally posted by sarge View Post
                    X3 , have no complaints with mine .
                    Yep, same here. and like stated before you can go to any TSC and get most parts you'll need for them.

Comment

Working...
                    X