It's Dead !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Dead !!!!

Took the Jimmy out for it's maiden trip in the woods ..... Did great , even with crap shocks on it , the ride was very smooth even in the creek at speed. only problem was front drive shaft doesn't have enough slip and I think I popped it out about 10 times .

That was the good !!!!! the bad was on the way back up the creek I got in some deep water and I developed a slight miss , I got it out of the water and had it on the rev-limiter trying to clean it out ..... and BANG !!!! popped my 4.3 :mad: ..... thought I got water in it, but once we got it home it appears my mystery knock that I thought was a flywheel .... was not ! no water in oil and no water in the intake box.
    Going to start pulling the doner motor in the morning !
    got a few pics waiting , will post soon .

Playing out in your favorite place? I guess Scott has another motor for you?
    88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

that didn't take long....

Comment

Originally posted by RuffedUpXJ View Post
        Playing out in your favorite place? I guess Scott has another motor for you?

Yes and Yes ! he was with me

Comment

Originally posted by sarge View Post
          Yes and Yes ! he was with me
          He get that Wrangler going?

I need to go down there one time with you. Never been but heard a lot about it.
          Last edited by RuffedUpXJ; 06-21-2010, 03:09 PM.
          88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

If you need any cheap/free 4.3 parts I have 2 sitting here in pieces. One is a '98 and the other is a '99. The only differance I found so far is the starter bolts and bell housing bolts are standard thread on the 98 and metric on the 99.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuts View Post
              If you need any cheap/free 4.3 parts I have 2 sitting here in pieces. One is a '98 and the other is a '99. The only differance I found so far is the starter bolts and bell housing bolts are standard thread on the 98 and metric on the 99.

You got a bottom end thats good ? mines a 99

Comment

did you REEELY just ask that?
                brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
                Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KargoMaster View Post
                  did you REEELY just ask that?
                  hahahaha you can tell you just spent a week with carwash !!!!

ok ! do you have a short block thats good ??? is that better ?

Comment

All bottom ends are good, some are better.

Comment

That is a nice turd cutter
                      91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

The '99 spun the the bearnings on the #1 rod, and the "98 turned oil and antifreeze into chocolate milk due to a bad head gasket. Could make 1 good 1 out of both. Come get them out of my way and they're yours...

Comment

Working...
                        X