• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a few pics !

the day started like this :

Started getting good :

Then the suck came with full force :

nice pics, I'm sure it was still fun to get it out even though ya blew the motor.

Comment

Sorry, but I'm not a fan of plastic flares. Those aren't the worst I've seen though.

Comment

Originally posted by pfreer3 View Post
        Sorry, but I'm not a fan of plastic flares. Those aren't the worst I've seen though.
        well ok then !

Comment

Originally posted by jfiscus View Post
          nice pics, I'm sure it was still fun to get it out even though ya blew the motor.
          yes it was great to get back in the woods ! I even got a chance to wheel with my 16 year old. He had a blast and has a bunch of new body damage to show off to his buddies. His little XJ goes like crazy

Comment

How do you like those surpluss Humvee tires?? Did they do OK in the mud and rocks? just curious. Looks like ya'll had fun!

Comment

Originally posted by KennyTJ View Post
              How do you like those surpluss Humvee tires?? Did they do OK in the mud and rocks? just curious. Looks like ya'll had fun!
              they did suprisingly well , I'm only running two of them with the beadlock ring installed right now and I couldn't remember which two .... so I only went down to about 15 psi. to keep the others on the bead. I couldn't get a good feel for them on some of the big hills due to my front drive shaft wanting to jump out but for the price ..... I'll give'm a thumbs up !

Comment

I saw that you got Jeremy and Scott out there. nice work.
                88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

is that at the trussels in trenton? i used to ride up there alot but stoppped goin. i didnt know what kind of trouble you get in for riding up there and im thinkin youd be the man to ask lol
                  real trucks dont have spark plugs

Comment

I once knew of a rig that ran 37" HMMWV tires... I thought they were OK, after I got the Iroks, Brody told me that I would get stuck on wet grass with the HMMWV tires... :o

When my recentered wheels go back together... I'm planning on putting the flanged bolts in there with the heads to the outside... I did manage to snap off a grade 8 bolt down to the nut that was sticking out just like yours... FWIW.
                    Last edited by KargoMaster; 06-23-2010, 03:39 PM.
                    brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
                    Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

I cannot believe you ride there

Does your son work @ Lee's? I saw that XJ in the parking lot the other day.

One Country, One Flag, One Language...
                      LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pfreer3 View Post
                        Winner for oddest post in this thread...

Comment

Originally posted by biggin69 View Post
                          I cannot believe you ride there

Does your son work @ Lee's? I saw that XJ in the parking lot the other day.

yes he works at Lee's , that is Jon's ( lilbluexj) old rig

Trestle ...... where is that at ...... never heard of such a place ...... is it close to Trenton ???? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by KargoMaster View Post
                            I once knew of a rig that ran 37" HMMWV tires... I thought they were OK, after I got the Iroks, Brody told me that I would get stuck on wet grass with the HMMWV tires... :o

When my recentered wheels go back together... I'm planning on putting the flanged bolts in there with the heads to the outside... I did manage to snap off a grade 8 bolt down to the nut that was sticking out just like yours... FWIW.
                            I was going to do that , I had a bunch of allen head stainless bolts just begging to go in the wheels ..... just didn't have enough on hand.

Comment

Truck looks good whether it has a blown motor or not... I like the stance.. What did you end up with for wheelbase?

Any day in the woods/on the trail is a good day...

sigpic
                              chris hodges
                              96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                              71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Working...
                              X