Truck and tractor pull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck and tractor pull

Well the fair is coming up and that means the Run What You Brung truck pull is coming up. If you were going to do this , would you run low range first or low range second. I cant decide.
    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Motor?
    1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
    FJ 40 axles (4.10)
    5.14 tcase
    36" TSL SX

Comment

two or four wheel drive ??? automatic or manual ??????? big block chevy or small block chevy ???????? blower or nitrious ??????

multiple engines or single engine ????

Comment

I pulled once last year in my 94.5 powerstroke F350 cc/lb 4x4 5spd w/ 4.10 gears. Tires are 285/75/16. Truck is stock except for the exhaust. I pulled in low range/ 2nd gear and it did ok. rear aired to max pres., fronts aired to 30ish. ease out to get it moving then hammer down. If it starts to hop even a little let out. Wheel hop and a 30k+lb sled don't play well on a stock truck. Best i can do for ya. I have a few friends that pull work stock trucks and this was the advice given to me on my first and only pull.
        85 toyota ex cab a few goodies

Comment

Do you mean the Cle Co Fair Stock diesel truck pull? Or the modified diesl truck pull? Share some details on the specimen that you're going to use.

Comment

Sorry I guess I should have given more details. My daughter is in 4-H and we got our Clermont Co. Fair guide. I was looking at the events and thought I wonder how my Jeep would do in the pull. Not saying that I will do it but I was wondering how I would do it if I tried.

Yj 302, T-18, 60 rear 44 front 37 boggers. I would assume they would allow it to be in 4 low.

I was thinking 4 low second gear for the wheel speed but wasnt sure if if would be low enough to get it moving.

Carwash, what did the standard shift guys do in the tow test? Any idea?
            91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Quite honestly, they don't care what you do.

Depending on track conditions, I use 4th gear and low or 3rd gear and high. This is with a Cummins powered truck sitting on 34 inch tires and weighing about 8500 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by itbrokeagain View Post
                Carwash, what did the standard shift guys do in the tow test? Any idea?
                Kevin ('37 Ford) and Roger ('64 Power Wagon) were about the only Manual transmissions... I was very interested in how they would do... With his wheelbase (extended), and LOTS of air in the rear tires (30psi+ is a massive volume of air in a 54" tire), Roger did pretty well (but he later blew a 205 output shaft)... Kevin dropped a rear driveshaft pretty much at the line... :o

Oh, and if you have a 6.32 1st... HELL yes, 2nd gear... but then again, (guessing)the 205 behind the T-18 is only 1.98:1...
                Last edited by KargoMaster; 07-11-2010, 11:03 PM.
                brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
                Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X