Need AMC 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need AMC 360

Got the wagoneer titled, ran it for a month, and all of the sudden would not start one day.

Went through the starter, battery and solenoid before trying to manually turn the crankshaft, and finding out the motor is locked. antifreeze is not in the motor, so its not an easy lock.

Funds to rebuild would be tough to pull off, but it may come to that.

Anyone have a 360 that they would be looking to sell? I would like it to be running, but let me know what you have, and i may still go for it.

ill check here often, as I usually do, but my gmail is the best.

Jsegbers@gmail.com BTW its a 87 GW, which most are the same, but if you know its not compatible, don't worry about it.

I have one that did run missing a few parts intake has been took off no distibutor or fuel pump. $75
    Casey built cj7, amc 360 fuel injected, 39.5 Irocs,14 bolt+60 detroits, 4 linked front and rear, 203/205 doubler etc...........

Comment

Nick, What all is it missing, and how long has it been out? I have a whole motor, just locked up.

I would like exhaust manifolds and carb. but Intake and dist and pump i can deal with.

Comment

Als, What did it ome out of? I think all AMC's are about the same, but if anyone knows ill run into a problem somewhere, let me know.

Comment

motor I have came out of a 77 cherokee it was put in a cj that I bought in poor condition. I am putting a 4.0 in the cj. I also have another jeep that I have used some parts from this motor on. I have used the distributor fuel pump is off but you can have it. Heads have exhaust bolts broke in them and I have taken 2 spring retainers. the motor ran seemed strong but not much run time that i witnessed. I pulled the motor roughly 4 years ago and have had the intake off. I have an old carb I think but have sold all carb that I know are good. It is an old motor. I also have good exhaust manifolds but they are more $$$$$$$$. Good luck as far as I know all amc 304 360 are the same.
          Casey built cj7, amc 360 fuel injected, 39.5 Irocs,14 bolt+60 detroits, 4 linked front and rear, 203/205 doubler etc...........

Comment

Does the cam still turn with a wrench? It may need alot more work than my current motor.

Comment

motor still turns over, but no guarantees on motor

Comment

Working...
              X