brake lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake lines

i have a 98 tj in the shop right now and all the metal brake lines and the fuel return are shot (rust) just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where to get a prebent possibly stainless kit at. i have dealt with classic tube on old cars but havent called anywhere yet. suggestions?

thanks scott
    One of these days Zuk 2.0

Classic tube carries jeep kits as well... in fact, 4wd carries that same kit from classic tube...

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=8247

ah, and an omix/ada kit here as well....

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=58749

Comment

thank you. i was wondering about them just hadnt had the time to look. i have seen 3 98 tjs that the lines were junk on so i dont know if they(jeep)has learned anything from that

thanks again

Comment

The "green" hard brake line stuff at NAPA or any of the parts stores is hand bendable now days and is awsome stuff. You can get long enough sticks to handle any of the single line runs on a Jeep tub. We re-did the YJ and "moved" the lines to a better location than the factory run. Stuff also blows away the cost of the pre-bent lines as well.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

Originally posted by KennyTJ View Post
          The "green" hard brake line stuff at NAPA or any of the parts stores is hand bendable now days and is awsome stuff. You can get long enough sticks to handle any of the single line runs on a Jeep tub. We re-did the YJ and "moved" the lines to a better location than the factory run. Stuff also blows away the cost of the pre-bent lines as well.

Just my 2 cents worth.
          yes but factoring in the labor cost to do someone elses when you own a business is important....it would probably be cheaper to buy pre bent ones...just my .02
          S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

Originally posted by humpy View Post
            yes but factoring in the labor cost to do someone elses when you own a business is important....it would probably be cheaper to buy pre bent ones...just my .02
            agreed.

Comment

yeah in a situation where im doing something for a build or myself i would be looking toward bending and flaring my own because for some dumb reason i actually like doing that but since this is stock and a customer replacement job i will be looking toward the prebent kit but thanks for the input.

thanks scott

Comment

I used the pre bent brake lines from 4wdh when I put the new frame under my CJ 10 years ago.

Comment

Also check Inline Tube. They are in the same Michigan area as Classic and offer a lot of the same stuff (SS and Otherwise.) Both are old school good.

Comment

what a rust bucket....at least when it totally rusts away you can buy a gently used 6 inch long arm kit for you jeep
                    --------
                    O____O
                    (O|||||||O)
                    --O---O--

Comment

Originally posted by KennyTJ View Post
                      The "green" hard brake line stuff at NAPA...
                      That's what I used to mate my 96 master with my 89 prop valve.

It did bend okay, but I had a hell of a time flaring it. I ended up having to scrape off all the green coating to get a grip on it...

Robert
                      DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
                      Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Originally posted by began View Post
                        what a rust bucket....at least when it totally rusts away you can buy a gently used 6 inch long arm kit for you jeep
                        you seen it you know exactly what a nice peice of @#$% im working on. i called classic tube and they said i was third in line and they would call me back. that was yesterday so i would say they spend way to much time on the phone. i will try again

thanks scott

Comment

Originally posted by Flxratd View Post
                          you seen it you know exactly what a nice peice of @#$% im working on. i called classic tube and they said i was third in line and they would call me back. that was yesterday so i would say they spend way to much time on the phone. i will try again

thanks scott
                          They are horrible about calling back. I tried many times and left many messages and never heard back.
                          91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

called back to classic tube since it seems all the venders get there lines from them anyway and talked to tim who said that they had one guy retire and one on vacation and that he was the only one there at the moment so long story short the lines are ordered and i will let you know how they look and work
                            thanks for the input

thanks scott

Comment

Working...
                            X