Machine Shop Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine Shop Needed

I do maintence on my cousins' lawn mowers for their business and they recently let a walk-behind run low on oil. Its a Toro I believe and with a Kawaski engine. I was wondering if anyone knew of a machine around to rebore so I can put a larger piston it and hopefully get them going versus paying $1600 for a new crate engine from their dealer.

I would assume this is reasonable since its a 17 hp motor and I can imagine that they have a series of motors that use the same block/piston setup and I would believe they have over sized pistons for this matter.

Anyone know a machine shop in the hamilton/Fairfield/Mason aera that would bore it out for me?
    88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

have you checked on an oversized piston yet because to cusom make something could get pricey. see whats available if you havent allready then i think someone will chime in with ideas(pater?)
    One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

I could bore it if you give me the jug and the dimension it needs to be. Ask west chester or fairfield power equipment for the replacement goods and for ideas.
      sigpic

Comment

If all else fails, Bubb or Mark wilson at Cresent springs hardware are the go to guys,
        2460 Anderson Road
        Crescent Springs, KY 41017-1402
        (859) 341-0800
        Dont look @ me in that tone of voice or I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE SHIRT! :mad:

Comment

It got ran out of oil and you think it needs a piston?

Hell , anytime I hurt something due to low oil PSI it was crank journals.
          Last edited by JeffK5; 07-27-2010, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK5 View Post

i was thinkin the same while i was readin down the page, prob jus a crank turn and over size rod bearing
            sigpicI EAT BURRITOS ON EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK5 View Post

Well my cousins aren't the sharpest tools in the shed when it comes to mechanical things, I really don't know why they bought all this equipment for lawn care.

Anyways back to the topic, they brought the motor over in pieces and they spun a main bearing. So the crank is messed up and where the bearing sits in the block its obvisiously messed up. So I am trying to get a scematic of the motor, I think its a FH541V.

I think I might take it down to Fairfield Power and Equipment to have them take a look. I can get some pictures if anyone has experience with small motors.
              88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

you could try getting ahold of butler tech precison machining class. Teachers name is halcomb. i dont know what he'd charge you if anything.

Comment

http://www.j-thomas.com/

reasonable prices on replacement engines and parts. and quick shipping

Comment

or try baker hardware out through millville on 129 like your goin to brookville
                    real trucks dont have spark plugs

Comment

Working...
                    X