KOH qualifier in Harlan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KOH qualifier in Harlan

Got my buddy, Todd Puckett's, new trail rig ready for the qualifier in Harlan last weekend. He just got it running in early July. Didn't have much time to work out the bugs but he did a good enough job building it that he finished 2nd out of 21 rigs which got him a ticket to the Hammers in February. Another local guy qualified for the Hammers His is the Single Source Welding Supply sponsored buggy with no hood on it. It's got a nasty 408 small block on nitrous between the frame rails. Only 5 rigs were able to finish the 55 mile, 5 lap race in the 8 hrs that were alloted. It was an awesome weekend with and awesome ending. Below is a link to a video summarizing the race. You guys should check out this ECORS race next year. They are talking about a one lap race through every named obsticle in the park. More updates can be found on Pirate.

http://www.nuthinfancy.us/ecor.html
    Ian

06 Toyota 4Runner

joey lasted about 10 minutes before barrel rolling at speed and wasting his buggy. this was only the 4th time out with it.

going to fix it enough to trail ride the rest of this year, then build a whole new rig for next year.

greg
    zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

Cross your fingers that there is a KOH for us to run in next year... it's looking sketchy.

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
        Cross your fingers that there is a KOH for us to run in next year... it's looking sketchy.
        that's what i've heard too. sucks.
        zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

If the BLM is forced to change their permitting process, it could affect it something serious. The BLM has given KOH the dates for next years race, but not the permits yet. It may be very hard to get them once this all pans out from this MDR crash.

they could always leave California i guess. do the race in Moab, or Farmington, or somewhere near vegas, etc.... who knows.

Comment

Working...
          X