Squirrels and Pools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squirrels and Pools

Leaving the house at 645a this morning for work. Carrying coffee mug, computer bag, purse, plus motorcycle helmet and jacket (selling); I notice a dark spot in my pool. I sigh, set everything down, go outside and contemplate the fact that this is the third squirrel to drown in said pool. One day, I came home as one was nearing the end of the squirrel-paddling stamina afforded to him, and rescued him with a pool skimmer. Told him he was welcome and to spread the word to the rest of the squirrel community that the big blue wet thing in back yard is bad…I’m gonna go with that didn’t translate.

I find it interesting that this is the 3rd one I’ve found on Friday. Which leaves me wondering if there is some big squirrel block party bash that happens on Thursday nights, I mean it is trash night. Think about it…all the neighborhood squirrels hanging out/in the pool, eating peanuts, drinking beer, guys trying to get lucky, listening to top 40 squirrel dance music and dancing their little tails off. Basically just a wild bunch of party animals (I said it). Maybe some just don’t know when enough is enough, have too much to drink and can’t figure a way out of the big blue wet thing. Maybe? Or maybe they just lose their little squirrel grip on the telephone line or fence and fall in. I personally like the party idea better.

Anyway, I’m now contemplating the purchase of squirrel size floatation devices to allow their head to remain above water til a rescue party shows or perhaps a ladder for them to be able to climb out. For those of you thinking if I just put a cover on it, it would be fine. Did I mention it’s oblong not round (like it should be), so a 10’ round don’t fit, and a 12’ round is on the ground. I really would rather not find one wadded up in the cover from thrashing around caught x days after it was in there…ick. It’s bad enough having the beady little eyes looking at me as a I say a little something as I dump them in a trash bag…

Anyway, if you have a 3 foot pool ladder sitting around not doing anything; I could take it off your hands. :p

It's Friday, and I'm having a severe lack of motivation at work right now. I know some of you won't make it through a post this size, and you know who you are...
    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

i guess squirrels have thirsty thursdays too, he bet his buddies he could jump from one side to the other his depth perception was a tad off (i can relate haha)
    2013 RZR S

Comment

Note to self... Stay away from pools ofter partying! Especially the squirl killin' blue lagoon over at Lisa's!

Party On little buddies!

Comment

OK... you knew this was comming.....

YES!!!!!

teachem to ski!

Comment

Yea i figured this would happen...ha
          I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

I got a remote control boat we can use and LOTS of peanuts
            88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

"SQUIRREL"

Heavily chlorinate it and maybe they will keep out? Put a tarp over it?
              sigpic

Comment

Probably just a piece of rope hanging over the side secured to something on the ground would suffice for a squirrel emergency exit.

Comment

2x4

Lean a 2x4 against the side and let them go out using that. But I think the blue tarp idea is pretty cool too. You can get them really cheap at Menard's at times!

BiggDaddy
                  '82 CJ-7, 6" lift, stock axles
                  258, 35x15.50x15 TSL/SX
                  Rustoleum Gray

Comment

I like the boats , that way they can water ski, and smoke cigars. Did you offer any of them mouth to mouth to revive them???

Comment

And another one...(which blows my Thursday party theory). Guess I'm done. Gonna try to figure out how to drain it now...Thanks for the input tho.

Comment

I would duck tape a couple of towels to the side and let them dangle into the water. If they are too stupid that they can't crawl up the towel and out, they need to drown.

Comment

I'm beginning to have trouble getting rid of the little buggers honestly...Bleeding heart...nuff said. It's draining as we type. Wondering how long it'll take

Comment

If necessary, I have a pump that will take care of that in about 5 minutes.
                            91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Four hours and about 60% empty is all...Figure I'll finish it Wed and get it stored.

Comment

Working...
                              X