Need furnace help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need furnace help

Afriend of a guy I work with put a furnace and heatpump in for me a few weeks ago. The furnace was never fired up and the heatpump settings were never programed. I was not impressed with this guy. It didnt seem like he knew anything about how to set up a heatpump. He told me I need extra controls for it but I have been told by several people my Honeywell TH8000 thermostat was all I needed. Can anyone here help me out?

Tony 513 373 7688
    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

if your stat has hp capability, it should work. im assuming the furnace has electric strip heat as second stage to the hp? make sure the stat is hp with 2 stage heat capability. most new heat pumps have the reversing valve "fail to heat" mode. so if thats the case, make sure the "O" setting(reversing valve) is energized during cooling mode.if its a cheap stat, will be a switch on the back for this. if its a decent stat, youll need to set this up via display.

if the inside unit is a gas or oil furnace, youll need a stat with the duel fuel capability. yes there are more controls involved, but mostly just the correct stat.

what hp is it? more info if the above dident help.....
    my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

I was told by the guy I bought it from the stat he sold me would take care of switching over. The system I have is by Gibson. The other reason I wasnt impressed is I pulled my filter yesterday which pulled the s locks off and my return came off the furnace.

Comment

he was probably refering to auto changeover, which is where stat determins if you need heat or cool. totally different. what i was talking about is if it hasent been set up yet, youll need to set the o setup (rev valve).

backing up a bit, what exactly isent working correctly that you need help with?

Comment

The entire system was just installed. We only got ac fired up and he said he would be back to set up the heat pump and make sure the furnace worked properly. I just dont think he really knows what he is doing and I would rather have someone come out that knows heat pumps.

Comment

well, gibson would be more of a lower level brand, but if it calls for ac and it blows cold, hes got the reversing valve right. otherwise it be heatin ya up. turn it to heat and raise the setpoint. blowing warm air? check. raise the setpoint at least 3 degrees higher than room temp and secondary heat should kick on. if its got sequencers, it will have up to a 5 minuite delay on stage 2 heat though. if its cooling good, he got the charge right...

Comment

Working...
            X