fairfield school junior hit by van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fairfield school junior hit by van

Anyone hear about the condition of the fairfield city school junior that got struck by the van today? I witnessed the accident and was by his side until aircare arrived trying to comfort him and to get a response. It was tough to handle the situation watching him struggle to breathe. Many of the fellow students were in shock and would not go near him. Adults nearby would not approach him as well. This made me very uneasy. I did not want him to be alone in a time of great despair. My prayers go out to his family , friends and all involved.

With some of my hobbies and through lifes journeys I have been exposed to some similar experiences. I hope that when in need that myself and others will be able to lend a hand no matter what the situation is.

Thanks, Scott
    sigpic

Wow Scott, that's an admirable thing that you did... First I heard was on the news, and I immediately thought of our Scotts...

Best wishes to him and all involved.
    brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
    Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

This happened right by our monthly CORE meeting spot. Thanks for thinkin of us Kargomaster! I sometimes forget how frail we are and just how things can go horribly wrong in the blink of an eye. It was a life altering experience for sure.
      sigpic

Comment

I'll be the first to admit that during the June 4th motorcycle/automobile accident, I purposely didn't go up to the front (10 cars away) for fear of seeing something that I couldn't unsee...

You did a good thing.... Thank you.
        brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
        Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

As much as you may think you are prepared, it is really hard to react in situations like these. I'm sure your help is appreciated and I hope the best for the youngster.
          1994 Dodge Ram 5.9L SWB
          3/4 axles, 39.5 IROKS, HYDRO assist

Comment

I myself have been in several situations like this in the past, one of which was just this past weekend. I can say that it will be on your mind for quite awhile and no matter what the outcome of the situation, just remember that you did what you thought you needed to do.

I myself thought that it was human nature to jump in and help someone when they are in need, but like you mentioned, I guess it is not. I was at a gathering last year when a man went it a seizure. I heard his head bounce off of the concrete and turned around to see what it was. People where just standing there not doing anything. I got down and held his head to keep him from beating him self to death while he convulsed out of control. When he came to, he did not what was going on and was trying to fight me because he thought that I was fighting with him. Several days later, he contacted me and thanked me for my actions.

So, keep the child in your prayers and again remember that your actions will not be forgotten!
            One Country, One Flag, One Language...
            LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

good news! the boy is recovering and doing very well i have heard. it is totally amazing! must be nice to be young, built from rubber and bounce with no reprocussions! he is very fortunate.
              sigpic

Comment

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39348457

No new info, but they sometimes update...

Robert
                DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
                Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Working...
                X