Exhaust work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust work.

Everytime I drive my Jeep I end up smelling exhausty. I am also tired of the crappy cherry bombs. I am looking for a place I can get a good price on some converters and flowmasters. Midas did my old truck with duals from the maniolds out with converters and flowmasters for $500 last year. Now they want $1200. Soooooo anyone know of anyone?
    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

have you thought about buying a universal kit from Summit(or similar source) and building it your self? anytime i have needed exhaust i have done it this way. I know it sounds like a pain in the butt, but i think it is worth the hassle for the savings... Not always pretty but worth the savings... Ohh yea, i am cheap like that too..
    http://www.jegs.com/i/Flowmaster/389/15936/10002/-1

It's amazing what shops want for exhaust work these days...
    Last edited by gothodgie; 10-04-2010, 02:36 AM.
    sigpic
    chris hodges
    96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
    71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Muffler Brothers in Lebanon does good work, very reasonable prices!

may be a long haul up here for you though.

Comment

Big Als in Springboro does very good work. They just did my tow rig and it was cheap and sounds great! Also look into the welded Thrush muffler. Looks and sounds like a Flow Master but half the price! I got a Dual in to 3'' out from Smyth in Springboro for 34 bucks.
        :)

Comment

Tony don't by Flowmasters.... way too $$$$ . Advance carries Thrush " welded" mufflers on the shelf . look just like a FM but only cost $39.99. I think they sound better IMHO....

Comment

Tony Gary Reeds shop (southside) does very good work at a fair price. He is on the right before you get into bethel on 125.

Comment

Originally posted by sarge View Post
              Tony don't by Flowmasters.... way too $$$$ . Advance carries Thrush " welded" mufflers on the shelf . look just like a FM but only cost $39.99. I think they sound better IMHO....
              I have a "welded" Thrush on the Dakota and it is great, sounds good, rumble but not too loud!

Comment

Originally posted by sarge View Post
                Originally posted by KennyTJ View Post
                I have a "welded" Thrush on the Dakota and it is great, sounds good, rumble but not too loud!
                I have the same muffler. It was cheap so I thought I would give it a shot and if it sucked I would not be out much, but I love it. It does all the stuff the other mufflers I have owned at less than half the price.
                Last edited by Big_O_XJ; 10-04-2010, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tinbeater View Post
                  Tony Gary Reeds shop (southside) does very good work at a fair price. He is on the right before you get into bethel on 125.
                  Got a phone number by chance or know his hours?
                  91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

http://www.southsideservice.com/about.html

Comment

Working...
                    X