Title Situation for new XJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title Situation for new XJ

OK I read thru Mr Shoeboy's title thread and I understand how the out of state "inspection" should go but I was wondering if there was a problem with an out of state salvage title. It supposably has a Missouri Salvage Title and it's the 4th person away from me. I know a couple of notaries.
    88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Originally posted by RuffedUpXJ View Post
    OK I read thru Mr Shoeboy's title thread and I understand how the out of state "inspection" should go but I was wondering if there was a problem with an out of state salvage title. It supposably has a Missouri Salvage Title and it's the 4th person away from me. I know a couple of notaries.
    Should be the same. Unless Missiouri prohibits the sale of salvaged vehicles. I know Texas doesnt allow a salvaged vehicle to be sold until it has been rebuilt, other than to liscensed salvage dealers. ( junkyards)

Get online and find the number to a title office in MISSOURI and ask. As long as they dont prohibit the sale it should be jus tlike transfering any other title from out of state.
    Last edited by donaldcon; 10-11-2010, 09:01 PM.
    www.offroadohio.com
    www.facebook.com/offroadohio1
    www.youtube.com/offroadohio1
    www.photobucket.com/offroadohio

Comment

Originally posted by offroadohio View Post
      Should be the same. Unless Missiouri prohibits the sale of salvaged vehicles. I know Texas doesnt allow a salvaged vehicle to be sold until it has been rebuilt, other than to liscensed salvage dealers. ( junkyards)

Get online and find the number to a title office in MISSOURI and ask. As long as they dont prohibit the sale it should be jus tlike transfering any other title from out of state.
      Lady at Title office said if there is a Missouri Slavage Title then all that will need to be done is an out-of-state inspection, VIN check. So once I get it and take it to the BMV I will tell you guys how it went.
      88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

Comment

Lady at Title office said if there is a Missouri Slavage Title then all that will need to be done is an out-of-state inspection, VIN check. So once I get it and take it to the BMV I will tell you guys how it went.
        Will it need to be inspected her ein ohio for a rebuilt salvage title?
        www.offroadohio.com

Comment

Will it need to be inspected her ein ohio for a rebuilt salvage title?
          She said not if it currently has a salvage title, it's only needed when applying for a new salvage title. ANd I hope she is right.

Comment

She said not if it currently has a salvage title, it's only needed when applying for a new salvage title. ANd I hope she is right.
            I got a friend that works for Carthage Auto parts/junk yard and the way he explained it to me is pretty much the same as the BMV told ya...
            Good luck with the new ride
            sigpic
            chris hodges
            96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
            71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

ah, so it already has a "rebuilt salvage" title. I thought it had been wrecked (totalled; deemed salvage) and not inspected as "rebuilt" yet.

Comment

Originally posted by jfiscus View Post
                ah, so it already has a "rebuilt salvage" title. I thought it had been wrecked (totalled; deemed salvage) and not inspected as "rebuilt" yet.
                Thats what I gathered aswell. The state to state inspection is NOT this inspection. It will let you transfer the title into your name and into an ohio title. Im 99.9% sure if it has a salvage title and it has never been given a rebuilt salvage title than it WILL need a saftey inspection to be given tags.

It is possible Missiouri doesnt require a rebuild to retag them but Ohio does and I would figure once it has an OHIO title before it can be tagged it will have to be deemed rebuilt. But there is that slim chance.
                www.offroadohio.com

Comment

Thats what I gathered aswell. The state to state inspection is NOT this inspection. It will let you transfer the title into your name and into an ohio title. Im 99.9% sure if it has a salvage title and it has never been given a rebuilt salvage title than it WILL need a saftey inspection to be given tags.

It is possible Missiouri doesnt require a rebuild to retag them but Ohio does and I would figure once it has an OHIO title before it can be tagged it will have to be deemed rebuilt. But there is that slim chance.
                  It is NOT a a saftey inspection them are looking for stolen parts. so if it has not been titled rebuilt salvage and it has been rebuilt you better have all of the paper work for the parts and all the vin. no. better be correct, it can get ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by tinbeater View Post
                    It is NOT a a saftey inspection them are looking for stolen parts. so if it has not been titled rebuilt salvage and it has been rebuilt you better have all of the paper work for the parts and all the vin. no. better be correct, it can get ugly.
                    Sorry I got my s words mixed up. I completely meant to type salvage.

Ive been through several without any issue at all. Have one in 2 weeks as a matter of fact on the fiero turned rail buggy.

vin numbers not nesc if bought from salvage dealr i.e. junyard but any private sale must be accompanied with notorized bill of sale with vin numbers of donor vehicles.
                    www.offroadohio.com

Comment

Sorry I got my s words mixed up. I completely meant to type salvage.

Ive been through several without any issue at all. Have one in 2 weeks as a matter of fact on the fiero turned rail buggy.

vin numbers not nesc if bought from salvage dealr i.e. junyard but any private sale must be accompanied with notorized bill of sale with vin numbers of donor vehicles.
                      If you replace a part that has a vin no. on it with another part that has one it does not matter if they are a dealer or not you better have the correct paper work. If it is a brand new part it will have a r dot. no vin.

Comment

Working...
                      X