Shrockworks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shrockworks

im not normally one to vent about other shops because i am also one but in this case i just got off the phone and was not givin a warm feeling of they care about me the customer. now i have told myself from the get go that i do not want to find myself over promissing and under delivering because that will loose customers faster than you can count. i ordered a set of sliders from Shrockworks for a jeep tj and was told that they are made to order and it would be 4 weeks. i thought ok keep the overhead down and that should keep the cost blah blah blah. i could see if i orderd some for a vw beatle it might take a while but a jeep....huh ok well customer wants them so lets go.
    i just got off the phone at now the end of week seven and was told they will be going out next weds/thurs after they get picked up from powdercoat. i thought wow thats awsome since i paid for them seven weeks ago. i get sorry we got a big order and got behind. well im done ranting but i think that is totally poor service and just needed to tell all who may care.

rant over carry on
    One of these days Zuk 2.0

a guy at work ordered a front winch bumper for his JK and it took like 4 months bc "they kept having problems with their powdercoater"
    2013 RZR S

Comment

I understand the need for people to buy stuff like this... But in the past the couple things i have ordered cause i thought it would just work out better for me i ended up in the same situation... Thats why i know build everything i need myself... Might not be as pretty, but it's on me if i don't have it done by the time i need it...

Hope they don't stretch it out any longer... my .02

sigpic
      chris hodges
      96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
      71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Originally posted by gothodgie View Post
        I understand the need for people to buy stuff like this... But in the past the couple things i have ordered cause i thought it would just work out better for me i ended up in the same situation... Thats why i know build everything i need myself... Might not be as pretty, but it's on me if i don't have it done by the time i need it...

Hope they don't stretch it out any longer... my .02

beleive me i understand the need and sometimes it just makes sense but they will not be a return vender for me after this.

Comment

Originally posted by Flxratd View Post
          beleive me i understand the need and sometimes it just makes sense but they will not be a return vender for me after this.
          I figured as much... When we talked about it at the meeting you were not happy then...
          sigpic
          chris hodges
          96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
          71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

What is so special about theirs????? Some angle, tube and a weekend you could have a set.

Comment

Originally posted by GPER View Post
              What is so special about theirs????? Some angle, tube and a weekend you could have a set.
              price was fair and product looked good and they gave you the option of not having there name plastered all over it. but at this time nothing is special about them it was a mater of time and i fortunatly dont have alot of that right now but after seven+ weeks i could have come up with the time. its not like they were building something for a rare thing like a jeep or something

Comment

Jeep? I heard of those once. A long time ago. Used to be pretty popular from what I hear.
                91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Here is a set of TJ sliders I made. Are they anything like them?????

Comment

Originally posted by GPER View Post
                    Here is a set of TJ sliders I made. Are they anything like them?????
                    they are similar minus the header attached. i think that might cause a ground clearance issue but could make getting in the vehicle easier

Comment

That was a little repair work on a free 4.0 exhaust manifold. i didn't like the end Chrysler had on it.

Comment

That seems to be std. operating with them. People with 4runners wait 4-6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by phishtacoma View Post
                          That seems to be std. operating with them. People with 4runners wait 4-6 months.
                          That is just crazy. Is demand for their products that high?
                          91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

It most be b/c they go for the niche markets, ie. 4th gen 4runners, Nissan stuff. You would think that the Jeep stuff would be in stock. From what I understand is they won't stock 4runner bumpers but they also don't run a production of them until they have "x" amount to produce. Same with their rock sliders. I don't think they have stock of anything and obviously not enough cash flow to stock items.

OP, I have read that if you ***** enough they will kick in free shipping.

Comment

Working...
                            X