Suspects sought in Red River Gorge fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspects sought in Red River Gorge fire

WINCHESTER, Ky. - Authorities in Central Kentucky are seeking three men in connection with a 3,000 acre wildfire in Red River Gorge on October 24 and offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to a conviction.

Park Rangers said they observed the men fleeing from the scene shortly after the fire was discovered on Auxier Ridge during a declared fire ban.

A search of the campsite at the source of the fire revealed a receipt of from a Walmart in Dry Ridge, Ky. Security cameras captured photographs of the men purchasing the receipt items also found at the campsite.

“The suspects are encouraged to come forth,” Patrol Captain Kimberly Kipp said. “Their cooperation with law enforcement will be considered during prosecution if they come forward now.”

The Auxier Ridge area of the gorge, including roads and trails, remains closed.

Anyone with information is encouraged to call Kipp at 606-875-5042.

linky.....

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/shared/suspe...ver-gorge-fire
    For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

I drove down there yesterday. Saw a bunch of firefighters, a bunch of smoke, and a bit of fire. All that I saw yesterday was just a low speed, ground level pretty much leaves and underbrush only fire. They were keeping and eye on it setting up the fire line at the main road 77 to the tunnel. It also was all the way down the edge of the red river North of 77 to Indian creek. Pretty wide ranging fire. I'm sure over the last week and a half or so that it has been burning it has been substantially more, and less at times. I was out of town this past weekend, but my wife said it was so smoky here at the house that you couldn't see over a few hundred yards at one point.

I only saw a very small section of it. :mad:
    91 Ranger ext cab, 60, 14 bolt, 4:88's, 39.5's, doubler, lot's of character

Comment

Glad to hear that you weren't more effected by it... I was thinking about you when I heard...
      brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
      Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Hikers or wheelers involved? They seem to have alot of evidence which may work out. Glad to hear you are okay so far from it but sad to hear of the devistation.
        sigpic

Comment

Is this affecting any of the typical wheeling places (i.e. Widowmaker, Carb, etc....)?? We are heading down there this weekend.

Comment

I would be willing to bet that Walmart cash registers keep a record of transactions pretty well (just in case, you know) and that the security camera date/time (and receipt) have the transaction ID on them and I'll bet that they paid with a credit/debit card; thus easily traceable. Does anyone still pay with cash anymore?

Comment

yes, i would rather use cash.

Comment

Originally posted by krawlin85toy View Post
                yes, i would rather use cash.
                x2....
                sigpic
                chris hodges
                96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
                  Is this affecting any of the typical wheeling places (i.e. Widowmaker, Carb, etc....)?? We are heading down there this weekend.
                  No, opposite side of the mountain parkway.

Comment

Originally posted by Redriverranger View Post
                    No, opposite side of the mountain parkway.
                    Thanks for the info!

We will be at Lil' Abners Thurs, Fri, and Sat night probably hanging around outside until the weather chases us inside. Stop by if you have the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
                      Thanks for the info!

We will be at Lil' Abners Thurs, Fri, and Sat night probably hanging around outside until the weather chases us inside. Stop by if you have the chance.

if your gonna be down here then come on back to winchester sat. at wal-mart for our annual 4x4 show for children's diabetes. rti ramp;50/50 drawings; and so on. maybe you will even get to see casey turnover again mall crwling
                      95 yj, fresh fuel injected 302, c-6, twin sticked 205, 3 linked high pinion d60 front, double trianulated 4 linked 14 bolt rear (all aluminum links) locked both ends, 4:56 gears, full hydro steering, high steer, 4 wheel discs, 16" 2.5 fox air shocks, 39.5" irok's. just finishing a full frame-up redo thanks to a great friend and one knowledgable(sp?) s.o.b casey cravens for without him this could not have been done in such a short time and done right!

LOOK OUT "WHITEY" HERE I COME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boomhauer View Post
                        if your gonna be down here then come on back to winchester sat. at wal-mart for our annual 4x4 show for children's diabetes. rti ramp;50/50 drawings; and so on. maybe you will even get to see casey turnover again mall crwling
                        I'll see what time we get off the trail, and if we do come it will just be spectating.

Comment

What time is this Winchester Wal-Mart show tomorrow?
                          1994 Dodge Ram 5.9L SWB
                          3/4 axles, 39.5 IROKS, HYDRO assist

Comment

Originally posted by BIGRAM View Post
                            What time is this Winchester Wal-Mart show tomorrow?
                            1-8pm

Comment

Originally posted by Redriverranger View Post
                              1-8pm
                              Thanks wild man. I'll be stopping in to see some of the rigs and see what I can do for the benefit.
                              1994 Dodge Ram 5.9L SWB
                              3/4 axles, 39.5 IROKS, HYDRO assist

Comment

Working...
                              X