When should I stop towing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When should I stop towing?

My truck has 255,000 miles. Is there a point that I should stop towing my Jeep? It does fine now but I dont want to push it if it is an issue. It is a 2000 F-250 5.4 V-8 auto and I added a tranny cooler. This truck is also driven about 300 miles a week
    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

I think your good to go on....I hear of 300,000 plus Ford trucks all the time.

Just this week was talking to a guy with a Ford Diesel with 500,000 with no major engine repairs.

Nick
    Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
    Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

Originally posted by Coppertop View Post
      I think your good to go on....I hear of 300,000 plus Ford trucks all the time.

Just this week was talking to a guy with a Ford Diesel with 500,000 with no major engine repairs.

Nick
      i had a e250 with 395000 miles on it, a knock that sounded like two 10 pound sledges smacking each other still hauled a dumptrailer with 2 to 3 tons of shingles in it every day for a year that way. I sould it for 100$ to a guy a year ago bcause i thought it was about to go....... he still drives it everyday with the knock and pulling a trailer...... your good for a whil i would say. hahaa
      Dont look @ me in that tone of voice or I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE SHIRT! :mad:

Comment

Working...
      X