What is aetna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is aetna

I keep seeing buggys that are refered to as aetna buggys... To me they just look like southern hill shooters. Then I just seen on pirate some tires for sale that were aetna cut it said, with every other lug cut out.
    what is aetna? A place? A builders name? A style? And how do u pronounce it? If its a style, I get it. But why that name?
    my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Aetna Mountain in Tennessee.

Pronounced "ET-NA" AFAIK.

Probably named because those are some nasty ass hills and it takes a pretty special buggy to make it up them... Mainly low, long, big tires, big motor, and lots of skinny pedal.

It's redneck as hell, but damn it looks like a lot of fun :) This is by far my favorite video of one of them in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6qQ4yKhmi4
    Last edited by flatlander757; 01-17-2011, 06:03 PM.

Comment

in chattanooga rite by lookout mountain, werock used to have course there but aint sure course still open. That smith buggy at grayrock in Al, looks like badass place but never made it there
      SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

I thought I saw something on here a while back about a guy that goes by carwash was going to build an aetna buggy. Something called a riddler I think.

Comment

you guys are so damn funny...

aetna rules.

Comment

They just had a big ride there for a video. There is a lot of new videos on youtube. It's part private land that you can buy into the lease and there is a public area. I heard you don't want to leave a truck or trailer at the public area, a lot of break-ins.

Comment

Cool. Dident know it was a mountain. Alsdident know how to pronounce it, so thanx. I just knew all the aetna buggies are built simularly.with every other lug cut out ussually.
              my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander757 View Post
                Aetna Mountain in Tennessee.

Pronounced "ET-NA" AFAIK.

Probably named because those are some nasty ass hills and it takes a pretty special buggy to make it up them... Mainly low, long, big tires, big motor, and lots of skinny pedal.

It's redneck as hell, but damn it looks like a lot of fun :) This is by far my favorite video of one of them in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6qQ4yKhmi4

Hold My Beer!
                One Country, One Flag, One Language...
                LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

aetna buggys by Jimmy Smith Motorsports
                  Attached Files
                  SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Working...
                  X