Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KOH Bound... 2 weeks til we head west...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the pump is a stock gm pump, and it was actually bolted onto the motor already. It used to run the two pumps inline, but psc told us to delete the one or we would cavitate to the point of failure. We also had a third one in the truck.... we were set with steering.

Comment

One of my fav's so far...

Comment

That would make a good poster for the shop. Do you get a copy of the onboard video? I bet it's killer.

Comment

Hey Mike good news, my brother got a 6' length of stainless tubing dropped to his house today to start the R/C build. He would like to get some measurements of some of the main bars as well as overall length so he can start bending it up into #999. Not a huge rush but if you are like me I can't wait to see what he comes up with, I think it is going to be pretty badass!!

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post

I agree...
            I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Of all the potential failure points, the Detroit in the 14FF would have been very low on my list.

Comment

i hate detroits....

Comment

that is awesome. Apparently I did have that look on my face the entire time

I'm going to run a grizzly locker in the rear, they are serious beef compared to a detroit and are even warrantied if a broken shaft kills it. I would spool it but I love the cutting brake.

Comment

Did Carwash bend that grab bar down before you got your shocks tuned?

Comment

Originally posted by T-bird View Post
                      Did Carwash bend that grab bar down before you got your shocks tuned?
                      haha. the shocks were actually decent for being out of the box. Once tuned though, it was night and day difference.

Here it the rear axle carnage. Those are 300M double spline shafts and fractures in the detroit drive gear

Comment

I'll say it again, great job out there. Bad ass car and would love to see it in person. When's the next race?
                        ------------------------------------

my rig

Comment

Thanks! Rausch Creek Qualifier

Comment

Originally posted by kirbyiv View Post
                            haha. the shocks were actually decent for being out of the box. Once tuned though, it was night and day difference.

Here it the rear axle carnage. Those are 300M double spline shafts and fractures in the detroit drive gear

I know you originally said the Detroit failed, but based on the pictures I'm guessing the shaft broke first which then took out the Detroit (fairly common). What are your thoughts?

Comment

Axle mfr is saying that it was most probably a bad batch of axles. He's only had one other ever fail and it was from the same batch. These shafts go behind 1300hp pulling trucks without issue, so I'd say we had some bad shafts. Kirby can expand further if he wants...

Comment

bad shafts
                                My troubles usually start there too ...
                                I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Working...
                                X