ZJ/XJ Pitman arm help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZJ/XJ Pitman arm help...

I have been hearing from many (about 8 out of 10) people that the V8 ZJ pitman arm offers a lil bit more drop than a stock XJ pitman arm. However I have also heard from a few other who say they are no different. I dont have a V8 ZJ laying around to compare but the parts stores say they have different part numbers for the XJ and ZJ... Does anyone know for sure? Im lazy and would rather avoid going all the way to the salvage yard... but I guess I will if I have to. Thanks for any info.
    sigpic00fleXJ

I think it does offer some drop. If noone here can answer check naxja.org and do a search. You will bring up lots and lots of info on it.
    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

I think Ive over-researched this. On all the forums I get arguments in both directions. I'll probably just fit a V8 ZJ in a parking lot and take a quick measurment lol. Thanks for the info
      sigpic00fleXJ

Comment

"find"... not fit... lol
        sigpic00fleXJ

Comment

Found one for my xj for a 3 to 6 in. lift in jcwhitneys page 45. $91.99
          sigpic

Comment

Why do you need a drop pitman arm?

You replacing your trackbar?
            88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

yes, it does, I've seen the difference in person. About a 1" difference IIRC.

Comment

I have a drop pitman arm for sale $20.00

Originally posted by Black00XJ View Post
                I have been hearing from many (about 8 out of 10) people that the V8 ZJ pitman arm offers a lil bit more drop than a stock XJ pitman arm. However I have also heard from a few other who say they are no different. I dont have a V8 ZJ laying around to compare but the parts stores say they have different part numbers for the XJ and ZJ... Does anyone know for sure? Im lazy and would rather avoid going all the way to the salvage yard... but I guess I will if I have to. Thanks for any info.
                just don’t get stupid and stick a Chevy engine in your Jeep. Man I hate that

Comment

Thanks for the info, I dont actually need a drop pitman yet as my angles are near perfect but when I go higher w/bigger rubber I have a feeling Im going to need one. I got into the ZJ-parts-on-XJs research mode and heard about the ZJ DP but couldnt get a strait answer. Too much time on my hand really lol.
                  sigpic00fleXJ

Comment

I will take the drop pitman arm!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X