chevy torsion key color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chevy torsion key color?

i have a 2003 chevy 2500hd and want to buy a leveling kit so i can put some bigger tires on it. the torsion key kits say only work with certain color factory keys. how do you find out what the factory color is?
    real trucks dont have spark plugs

There should be only two colors. Purple and green. One is for a truck with a snow plow prep package and one is for a truck with out. But I can't remember what color is what. They just did an article on the in diesel power I think.

Comment

from what I remember, you want to get the green keys to level it out

Comment

when i did mine they asked what color band was on my torsion bar...i think mine was blue...there was a ring around the passenger side bar at the key end i think but its been a while...i can look if you need it..
        S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

Some say work with orange purple blue green tan, there's all kinds or colors just don't Know how to find out which one I have

Comment

If you call the dealer and have them run your vin number they should be able to tell you.

Comment

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/inde...howtopic=14889
              I just found this might help you out.

Comment

Thanks, from what I read on there I have purple keys and a stock green key will do the same as a lift kit torsion key

Comment

Have you tried cranking up the factory keys to see if they give you enough lift?

Comment

keys from a stock 1/2 ton should give the teh same effect as aftermarket keys. green keys are what you are looking for i beleive.
                    beat up rusted out k5

Comment

Working...
                    X