Little brown ants.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little brown ants.

Every year we get little brown ants by the front door. I have tried to get rid of them but I cant seem to do it. Noticed today they are back. Any suggestions?
    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

My grandma used to dump boiling water on the ants.

Comment

I had the same problem on our back door. I checked around the door and made sure there wan't any cracks. There was so I sealed them up and no more ants since. Find the entry point and seal it up.

Comment

Originally posted by GPER View Post
        My grandma used to dump boiling water on the ants.
        Mine uses the same trick with cats.

Comment

I poured oil and methanol around the areas they were coming from in my back yard and set it on fire. They came back! I then 1/4 sticked a few troublesome areas and they came back. Then I bought an ant eater and it ran away. Still had ants. So finally I went to our local hardware store and bought this ant and spider powder from ortho. I sprinkled it in the burned up and cratered areas and shazam! No ants in the house.
          sigpic

Comment

I was goona sugest an anteater also but u beat me too it:). But those are hard to get now anyway cause the same parent company that owns interco also was the largest anteater supplier.

If ur ants are like mine, they only show up in early spring, then go away. Like ladybugs in the fall.
            my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

The best thing I have found, is "Terro" liquid ant killer. Put some out on some pieces of foil, or buy it in the handy ready to bait format, and it works. At least it did for me, and my in-laws. There will be a period of increased activity when they find it, and then they dissapear.
              91 Ranger ext cab, 60, 14 bolt, 4:88's, 39.5's, doubler, lot's of character

Comment

I have tried the stuff you spread around the house and I tried the spray that stays for 3 months. I guess those bait trap things are next. Thanks.

And no anteater. Next thing you know the kids will be riding it around the house.
                91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by itbrokeagain View Post
                  And no anteater. Next thing you know the kids will be riding it around the house.
                  I think you should get one just for that purpose.

Comment

Boric Acid

Comment

Working...
                    X