Help with Axle ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Axle ID

Trying to figure out what axle is in a Geo Tracker I'm working on. Owner knows nothing about it or it's history. It is running toyota CV shafts, I picked up a junkyard tracker front diff but it is not the same. Very close but not it. Any toyota guys that can help me out. The drivers side Inner axleshaft is bent.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Not all trackers are the same. What is the spline count on the one you have?

Comment

26 spline in the axle that is in it now. door tag reads 93 tracker.
      the axle I got from a junkyard "93 tracker" is 21 spline.

Comment

Could it be one of Mikes???
        http://www.zukiworld.com/month_02010...swithhagen.htm

Comment

Not sure? The housing is aluminum, you can see the mount broke from the housing and has been welded back. I thought it looked like this one, Rear toy 4cyl 8". It is running toy cv shafts and 3 to 5 bolt adapters between them.
          Attached Files

Comment

Also, it did have the strap over it like he show's on the zukiworld site.

Comment

I think 96+ trackers, sidekicks vitaras ect have the 26 spline axles.
              Some of the older ones with 16valves should too but you have to pull em to check em.

I'd search aroudn and grab a steel housing too. They are botl in and will do away with that aluminum stuff
              www.offroadohio.com
              www.facebook.com/offroadohio1
              www.youtube.com/offroadohio1
              www.photobucket.com/offroadohio

Comment

Originally posted by CFD5 View Post
                Also, it did have the strap over it like he show's on the zukiworld site.
                Check out the Calmini Anvil, it may be one of those?????

Comment

Found a 96 shaft, I'll let you know when I get it so I can compare what I have. I'm starting to lean towards the 96+ with the toy cv shafts. Read somewhere online there was a guy years ago that sold an adapter kit for this. Thanks for the help, keep it coming.

Comment

Originally posted by tinbeater View Post
                    Check out the Calmini Anvil, it may be one of those?????
                    I thought the Anvil was a steel housing? This one is alum.

Comment

Working...
                    X