No announcement yet.

Used Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, he can burn gear oil and tranny fluid. Just needs to be coolant free.

At my work we have a 2000 gallon waste oil tank ( we are an oil change/carwash) we pump it all into ( including antifreeze) We pump it back into the building into a 250gallon tank from about half way up the big tank. The antifreeze settles to the bottom and doesnt get pumped back in. Shops bene open for 6 years now and coolant has never been drained, were about to do that, should be interesting to see how much is actualy in there.

EVERYTHING is heated with oil, our water for inside and for the carwash, our building, and our entire parking lot, all heated with waste oil.

We clean the boiler every 5 days through the winter and once a month in the summer as all thats ehated then is water.

It can be a pretty crappy job.

On a cold night we can easily burn 45 gallons of oil.
    www.offroadohio.com
    www.facebook.com/offroadohio1
    www.youtube.com/offroadohio1
    www.photobucket.com/offroadohio

Comment

I use it to keep little brown ants away;)
      my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

Originally posted by kyrel69 View Post
        hey if you do not think I am too far you could bring me one of those 15 gal ones. I am about to change the oil on all my truck cars and off road rigs all together that should be 7 to 10 gal right there. :)
        If you need oil jugs I should have a couple extra 5 gallon jugs still. If you're around Marsh's area in Middletown, stop by my old work (Alliance Printing on Atco Ave) and ask if they have any of their old 5 gallon chemical jugs. They used to keep a big stack of them when I worked there...

Comment

Originally posted by yellowjacket View Post
          I use it to keep little brown ants away;)
          I have about 3 full catch pans of oil. Thats the best damn idea I have ever heard. I am going to get a pump sprayer and go at it.
          91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

You able to get it this week? Other wise it's going to NAPA. Need it out of the way.
            88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

Working...
            X