No announcement yet.

Project Low and Lean Rustbucket ( LLR )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Low and Lean Rustbucket ( LLR )

Ok , not going to be a lot of info in this thread but figured it would be a good place to keep track of photos and ......

I got a 94 YJ in trade for labor on another rig. It's a stocker with a 4.0 , stick , and it has some rust issues to say the least.

My plan is no lift , 33" tires , high line front fenders and alot of cutting and trimming, boat sides , flat belly with motor and gas tank protection and full cage. Will be a sunday woods beater and all around mall crawler....

On with the photo's

speed holes right?

Houston We Have a PROBLEM

And the cutting begins :

more to come !!!!!

Big tires and no lift... Likin that!
    my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

Why am I seeing all these rotted out Yjs? My frame is still perfect. I dont get it.
      91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

thats what I was saying last night ! My YJ frame was in great shape, but I have fixed prolly 4 or 5 of my buddies...... This Jeep even came out of Ky ?????

Comment

was looking at Wranglers before I found my XJ, most were rusted pretty bad underneath????
          Romans 7-8

Comment

Back to the rust and wieght reduction program, Been slow moving because of other projects and work , but I did get a chance to get the passenger side boat side cut out .... I can't wait to get it filled in and then plated !!!!

I have to tell on my self ....
            I went out the other day and started cutting with my plasma cutter and about three minutes in to it my plasma lost arc.... had good ground and air was coming out .... but no cut :confused:

I turned it off and spent the last few days wondering how much it was going to cost to fix it .... Then yesterday I got off work and was getting ready to take my sons car to get inspected when I noticed the front tire was low. I grab my air hose and start putting air in the tire and notice that I had very low PSI in the hose........

I don't know about all of you , but I NEVER turn my compressor off ........ well someone did . I goning to blame it on the wife :mad:

I still didn't put it together with the plasma cutter .... Later on last night I get home and start woeking on the Jeep when a buddy stops by for a beer. I start to tell him about the plasma cutter when ...... the light bulb came on .... OH SH*T !!!!! no air pressure ..... Sure enough the plasma has to have at least 70 PSI ......

OK enough talking, plasma still works I'm happy and the Jeep is lighter because of it.

Last edited by sarge; 03-23-2011, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Looking good Mike, you keeping the Jimmy?
              88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

oh hell yes I'm keeping it . It's next in the garage .

I'm just having to much fun with my free YJ ..

Comment

Lookin good! Gonna put some dodge 1 tons under it?
                  sigpic

Comment

the gears are turning now , I was really going to keep this one mild but the more I do to it the more I keep thinking about putting the tons under it with the 39.5's , then throwing either the Jeep axles or a set of half ton axles under the Jimmy with my 35's and sell it .

Decisions , decisions ....... the wife is going to kill me. !!!!

Comment

Boat sides are coming along , got the passenger side tacked in and the floor welded up , still have to finish the ends and fill in some of the areas inside.

headed to Red9 Fab. this afternoon for some tube and will start on the cage soon .....

Thinking about dove tailing ....... hummmmm !

Comment

Looks good, I would sell the Jimmy. it has been a little bit of a pain.
                        88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

Originally posted by RuffedUpXJ View Post
                          Looks good, I would sell the Jimmy. it has been a little bit of a pain.
                          UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR !!!

Comment

Originally posted by sarge View Post
                            UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR !!!
                            Jimmy Rig is just fine! Turn it into a truggy.
                            sigpic

Comment

Booo. The rust bucket is fine, but don't ditch the Jimmy. IT keeps you warm and dry when wheeling and you really could drive it any time. Not so much for the other....

Comment

Working...
                              X