4-link build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-link build

This was my first ever 4 link that me and my friend built. so heres some pics

Well there it is. I know I need to get new wheels with different backspacing but that will come with new tires also so next couples weeks for that any other tips feedback is welcome also.

Those shocks are gonna need moved, even with new wheels. You'll be amazed how much the top will come in ar full stuff.
    zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

Well I measured today what the backspacing on the wheel is and 5 inches isnt gonna cut it. I need some 2.5 inch back spaced 15 inch wheels and I think I will be a lot better off with 1.5 inch wheels spacers and better backspacing on the wheels. Any thoughts on that?

Comment

4 link

just by looking at the pics, to me it looks like you need to move the top of the shocks in. you might be able to make it work by going to extremes with wheel spacers and backspacing, but moving the shocks in should be a minor adjustment... Have you checked for side to side movement between truck and axle. looks like there isnt much triangulation in the 4 link? other than that, the fab work looks nice to me.
        ZUKI linked f/r 16v air shocks cut 39.5" tsl. exod. full hydro F/R. rear steer.

Comment

The axle doesnt move at all side to side its actually pretty solid. I planned on getting different wheels anyways due to the fact that those are stock chevy wheels and impossible to make beadlocks out of them. I already have 1.5 spacers on the back to keep it off the stock frame that I used to have. Thanks for the props though.

Comment

looks good! gonna need limit strap and antirock unless u like bodyroll, bad thing bout airshox is them unloading on hills
            SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Nice tube work, too!..
              Yeah, if u move upper shock mounts in I think ull be better. Plus it helps fight body roll..

spacers and crazy shallow dish wheels to clear shocks are a Bandaid , and if u are at this point in the build u can avoid having to run skateboard wheels. Imo...:)..

Lookin forward to see side shots when its on its sneakers.
              my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

Thanks it drove out of that garage last night about 930. Me and kydc2 did all the work over the weekend big thanks to him. I think moving my shocks in will be what I do for sure if it helps with body roll

Comment

Working...
                X