dr field and brush mower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dr field and brush mower

Any opinions on these things? After rolling the inlaws tractor over I'm second guessin buyin myself one... I got 15 acres of ky hills, really only need to bushog perimeter quad trails and maybe 2 acre of field twice a year.

Tractor be nice to move truck parts around, but seein how those dr brush cutters work. I feel I'm on the large side of one, but maybe on small side of a tractor if I really only need to bushog..

And yeah, when it rolled over and I barely got clear of it, and I started thinkin bout how it could have ended, that's a vaiable I'm taking into consideraation too.

Anyone used one of these brushcutters?
    my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

actually never used a DR mower, but I'm in the process of modifying a push mower to do the same thing. Its probably to small for what you're trying to do, but I plan to cut the front end off the mower, exposing the front edge of the blade. I found one that has the big wheels in the back for easy rolling. Its probably not so safe, but should work and as long as I wear safety gear, it should be ok.

I've got multiple trails I can't get to (creek crossing), that I need to keep trimmed back.

Comment

What you need is a 1947 willys with pto/bushhog set up and when you are done mowing you can unhook the bushhog drive the cj-2a down the street and get you an ice cold beverege !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and probably spend a third of the price of a tractor......

Comment

One option is an older Gravely walk behind. I used a really old model when I was a kid (my dad had bought it used when he was in high school). My uncle has a "newer" electric start model. Do a search to see what I'm talking about.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gravely-Walk-Beh...item2eb5872ca0

They have a bush hog attachment on them and you can put dual wheels and such on them. They are super reliable.

Comment

This would work perfect for you, only thing it really needs it a set of dual wheels and extra safety add the wheel axle extensions. They cut great you wont be disappointed.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/grd/2405965627.html

Comment

Originally posted by NKYJEEPSTER View Post
            This would work perfect for you, only thing it really needs it a set of dual wheels and extra safety add the wheel axle extensions. They cut great you wont be disappointed.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/grd/2405965627.html
            I have used one of those before and they cut awesome... If it runs good it is a good deal... and it's even close to you...

sigpic
            chris hodges
            96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
            71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Working...
            X