No announcement yet.

Who has a diesel and whats your mpg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a 96 12 valve and I average about 20 mpg, would do much better if I didn't like smoke lol

Comment

My '00 stroke gets about 15 MPG
      My '02 Max gets 24 MPG on the econ tune.
      2013 RZR S

Comment

I see.my tires are bfg all terrain ta k/o.I know it has potential.lol.just have to work out the kinks and things.

Comment

Need to work on that paint job too. Pass side wow!
          real trucks dont have spark plugs

Comment

Originally posted by fordman00 View Post
            I see.my tires are bfg all terrain ta k/o.I know it has potential.lol.just have to work out the kinks and things.
            What size are the current tires?

I agree with the post above about larger and/or more aggressive tires causing a drop in fuel economy, and combined with lift is even worse. But part of that is also because the odometer is now off and you are getting a lower than actual miles reading on the odo (assuming odo/speedo has not been corrected).

For an example, going from a stockish 265/75R16 to a 35ish" tire nets around a 9% difference in distance travelled per revolution of the tire and thus the odo will show 9% less miles. So if you fill up with 20 gallons of fuel and the odo says 250 miles that is 12.5 MPG, however you actually traveled around 272 miles so the corrected MPG would be 13.6. Then include the added rolling resistance, rolling mass, and increased aerodynamic drag for another 1-2 MPG hit.

On my gas 6.0L Chevy 2500HD going from the stock street 245/75R16 to 285/75R16 BFG AT cost me about 1-1.5 MPG with a corrected odo.

Comment

Originally posted by muddinredneck513 View Post
              Need to work on that paint job too. Pass side wow!
              I'm sorry but what are you talking about my paint?

And blazer brad I dot know of the top of my head trucks at home and te girlfriend wouldn't even know what numbers to tellme

Comment

Its a black f250 that's been wrecked on pass side isn't it?
                real trucks dont have spark plugs

Comment

Yes.but it's fixed has some orange peel.

Comment

2006 dodge cummins 4x4 longbed auto stock tires and everything else

average 17 to 18 mpg on daily commute 75% hwy 25% city

usually cruising 70mph

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod View Post
                      My '00 stroke gets about 15 MPG
                      My '02 Max gets 24 MPG on the econ tune.

My 02 duramax is stock with 128,000 miles on it and I only get 13.5 to 14.5 mpg. How much do I need to spend and what do I need to buy to get 24 mpg?

Comment

Looks like he has a tuner.and from what I've gathered here and there check for boost leaks,stay close to stock tire size, intake may help a little, and regular fluid changes and filter changes.

Comment

Originally posted by bc35339 View Post
                          My 02 duramax is stock with 128,000 miles on it and I only get 13.5 to 14.5 mpg. How much do I need to spend and what do I need to buy to get 24 mpg?
                          Thats really low, LB7s are one of the most fuel efficient light duty diesels on the market. Have you had your injectors replaced? Notice any excessive black smoke on exceleration? LB7s are known for their injector problems that rob fuel economy and eventually blow holes in pistons. :mad: Mine is a reg cab long bed with 4" exhaust, no muffler. Its tuned with EFI Live on a dsp5 switch. I have a 'stock', 'econ', 'tow', 'street', and 'race' tunes on mine. The switch was $40 from http://duramaxtuner.com/dsp5 and a friend of mine writes EFI live tunes so he hooked me up big time. I could see what he would charge if interested.
                          2013 RZR S

Comment

yea, i seen on the tube on a show where they done a ttdc with ford , chevy and dodge and one guy with a duramax got 36.8 i think it was. reg cab 4x4. gabby

Comment

Originally posted by mike shelton View Post
                              yea, i seen on the tube on a show where they done a ttdc with ford , chevy and dodge and one guy with a duramax got 36.8 i think it was. reg cab 4x4. gabby
                              holy sheet 36.8 mpg i have a hard time buying that but not saying its impossible. (NOT calling you a liar either )
                              2013 RZR S

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod View Post
                                Thats really low, LB7s are one of the most fuel efficient light duty diesels on the market. Have you had your injectors replaced? Notice any excessive black smoke on exceleration? LB7s are known for their injector problems that rob fuel economy and eventually blow holes in pistons. :mad: Mine is a reg cab long bed with 4" exhaust, no muffler. Its tuned with EFI Live on a dsp5 switch. I have a 'stock', 'econ', 'tow', 'street', and 'race' tunes on mine. The switch was $40 from http://duramaxtuner.com/dsp5 and a friend of mine writes EFI live tunes so he hooked me up big time. I could see what he would charge if interested.
                                mine is a 02 crewcab 4x4 auto. no lift with bfg tires, not sure what size but I will check. They look close to stock. When I bought the truck I took it to a shop and they said the injectors were fine. that was 10,000 miles ago. I was told if they were bad it would smoke at a idle. Mine dont smoke when idling and only slight smoke at full throttle. I have heard that 13.5 was normal for my truck and some people say they get 20+. Id be happy with 19-20 mpg.

Comment

Working...
                                X