D44s or yotas for a sami??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D44s or yotas for a sami??

Its a never ending debate amoung sami guys but I want local guys opinions. Which is better? I would be looking to gear them and spool the rear, locker in the front and other supporting mods. I plan on runing 36s or 38s. I can get a set of 44s pretty easily, ive looked for yotas (not real real hard) but havent been able to locate a set. HELP! :(
    2013 RZR S

i wont get into a better or worse opinion either but i have run a front 44 and rear 9" for about 6 years now in my sammy. my 44 has chromo axles and air locker the 9" has chromo axles and a full spool. 4.56 gears and 39.5" tires. the only problem i have ever had was wiping out a front ujoint and knocking the ears off a stock shaft but it was more my fault than the axle(r/f was the only wheel on the ground at the time)
    One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

Would I have more money in the 44s compaired to the yotas?
      Also is yours a waggy 44 with ford hubs or what? Do you have any pics of the steering set up?
      Last edited by hotrod; 07-19-2011, 05:01 PM.
      2013 RZR S

Comment

im for yota for eaze of install and having cv axles. set of longs in them and 5.29s you can beat guts out them, dont think u can go wrong either way though
        SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

I have a set of yota axles behind my shed if you decide to go that route. PM me if your interested.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod View Post
            Would I have more money in the 44s compaired to the yotas?
            Also is yours a waggy 44 with ford hubs or what? Do you have any pics of the steering set up?
            you can sink a ton in either but my guess is they would be similer in cost. alot of the guys like yotas (84-85 front)due to the full factory truss and feel they are stronger because of that.

yes mine is a waggy redrilled to fit 5x5.5 wheels.

steering is just a peice of 7075 with heims at the stock location and i built a highsteer arm for the drag link to attach to while using an ifs yota box.

as far as pics i would say there is some somewhere and if i come across one i will post it for you
            One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

Well at this rate i bought my yota axles and kept a list of expenses of what I bought for them.
              so far i am over 2000 in them with all the added goodies I got and more to come... so they can be pricey but i want somethign that I can beat on and not worry about braking.. i going to run 36 icocs... or 32 tractors..
              Thanks,
              67fastback

-------------
              84 Honda cr60r - for sale
              87 Honda 200sx - for sale
              67 Mustang fastback - under restoration MCA #63430
              04 Silverado 2500 crew cab
              87 sami - "SPLAT"
              87 sami tin top - "Blue Fire"
              88 sami - "Squirt"

My New Video Channel -http://www.youtube.com/PhillbillyProduction

My Video Channel - http://www.youtube.com/justworkn

Comment

Ya I was doing some adding last night and came up with about 1600 for toys. :( guess ya gotta pay to play haha.
                2013 RZR S

Comment

Yotas with longfields are going to be stronger than 44s. And 44s get really pricey when you start doing shafts and good ujoints.
                  zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

Do yotas. If and when u build ur axles and the ring and pinion become the weak link its easier to throw a new third in at camp.. plus the whole setup be stronger imo
                    my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

Originally posted by yellowjacket View Post
                      Do yotas. If and when u build ur axles and the ring and pinion become the weak link its easier to throw a new third in at camp.. plus the whole setup be stronger imo
                      this is true!!! almost if not stronger than a d60....

longfeilds,lockers,detroit, flanges,r&p gears, 5th bolt or 6 shooters, marlin hi steer, steering box swap or go hydro ,yj's or 4 link, drive shafts, t case cross member cut out for clearance,brake lines, rear disco coversion,surb m/c swap.
                      adds up quick! built proof maybe but I have a heavy right foot, and dont have a 3 limit rule for trying something..lol!( makes for some good vids)
                      Thanks,
                      67fastback

-------------
                      84 Honda cr60r - for sale
                      87 Honda 200sx - for sale
                      67 Mustang fastback - under restoration MCA #63430
                      04 Silverado 2500 crew cab
                      87 sami - "SPLAT"
                      87 sami tin top - "Blue Fire"
                      88 sami - "Squirt"

My New Video Channel -http://www.youtube.com/PhillbillyProduction

My Video Channel - http://www.youtube.com/justworkn

Comment

Originally posted by 67fastback View Post

longfeilds,lockers,detroit, flanges,r&p gears, 5th bolt or 6 shooters, marlin hi steer, steering box swap or go hydro ,yj's or 4 link, drive shafts, t case cross member cut out for clearance,brake lines, rear disco coversion,surb m/c swap.
                        adds up quick! built proof maybe but I have a heavy right foot, and dont have a 3 limit rule for trying something..lol!( makes for some good vids)
                        I have run yotas most of the time and a stock yota with a good gear ratio( t-case) will do what you want. Just repace parts as needed, saves some $$ in the long run as you can feel out what will work and what won't. Also gives you time to get some second hand goodies from others
                        If your not living on the edge, your taking up too much room.

Comment

Originally posted by 67fastback View Post

Stronger than 60's? What about axle tubes, bearings, knuckles, brake power and ring and pinion sizes all which are beefier? Go with either 44's or yotas and let the best deal be your guide!
                          sigpic

Comment

ive found good deals on both which was the original problem. I think im going to go yoda because of the huge aftermarket support for swaping them into a sami.
                            2013 RZR S

Comment

Working...
                            X