78Buford on Attention Getter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 78Buford on Attention Getter

78Buford climbing Attention Getter....that is Charles Booth's voice in the background towards the end.

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...=RoysRidge.mp4

Were is this hill at?
    He made it look easy till the very end

Comment

Charles Booth took us there, so either on his property or close to it in the Slade/Red River Gorge area.

Comment

anybody got pics of this hill? cant really make anything out in vid
        SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Hills never show up in pics...

WidowMaker looked like a country lane...

Robert
          DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
          Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

cant really make anything out in vid, just like to c sum closer pics of it to c what he climbin
            SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Here you go. The pucker factor comes from the main rock ledge being at the crest of a 300' steep hill. The rig on it's side was originally completely on it's lid. Fortunately we had hooked a "safety line" up prior to his attempt that might have prevented him from barrel rolling all the way to the bottoms.

Comment

yeah now that looks nasty!!! did u say it was on charles property or over towards no mans land? dont think ive ever seen this hill and i go down there at least once a month? mayb Casey chime in tell us xactly where it at
                SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

That looks fun.

Comment

I really don't know if that is Booth's land or not. He was our trail leader that day and took us all over the place.

This was in November and didn't look like anybody had been up it for awhile so everything was covered in leaves.

This hill is optional and you would probably never notice the turn off for it, and you can't really see this hill from the other trail. If I remember correctly it's not far off a gravel road with the main trail going to the left and circling around......if you didn't go up this hill you met up with the other guys on the other side of the hill towards the top.

Comment

Originally posted by twiztedzuki View Post
                      yeah now that looks nasty!!! did u say it was on charles property or over towards no mans land? dont think ive ever seen this hill and i go down there at least once a month? mayb Casey chime in tell us xactly where it at
                      It's towards no mans land, before you get there right across the main creek. Right around the corner from it. I've only turned over there once. Climbed it several times. It is pretty steep. The hill is easy up to the ledge, there is only one ledge. It is seldom traveled. Very hard to see/find if you don't know where it is at.
                      91 Ranger ext cab, 60, 14 bolt, 4:88's, 39.5's, doubler, lot's of character

Comment

Working...
                      X