harlan and propane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• harlan and propane?

This is going to be my first time in harlan with propane, and I only have a couple tanks, and have been having a hard time finding anymore 33lb tanks for a human price, so im wondering if there is anywhere on the evarts side that I can get my tanks refilled.

Also, for anyone running propane on a 22r, how far are you getting out of a tank? Am I going to make it out to mason jar and back? Or be able to get a full day of trail riding out of it? I honestly have no idea what to expect out of it.
    zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

set it lean and you will get a days ride probably.
    sigpic

Comment

have to go back almost to 119 to get tanks filled and then it's shaky on weekends. better find some tanks. you have a month before we go.
      95 yj, fresh fuel injected 302, c-6, twin sticked 205, 3 linked high pinion d60 front, double trianulated 4 linked 14 bolt rear (all aluminum links) locked both ends, 4:56 gears, full hydro steering, high steer, 4 wheel discs, 16" 2.5 fox air shocks, 39.5" irok's. just finishing a full frame-up redo thanks to a great friend and one knowledgable(sp?) s.o.b casey cravens for without him this could not have been done in such a short time and done right!

LOOK OUT "WHITEY" HERE I COME!!!

Comment

I have a place down here that has them for like 100 125 filled.. If i can still get the deal.. want me to look into it for ya?? can pick one or two up for ya and you get me back when we go
        Dont look @ me in that tone of voice or I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE SHIRT! :mad:

Comment

Carash and I had a tank filled on sat. morning when we took the Yeti on her shake down run . We were very surprised at how little pane the BBC used. Carwash will have to tell you where the fill station was ( I know it was close to everts )

Comment

When I had my toy buggy I could run at Harlan on a full 42lb tank Thursday evening 4-5 hrs, all day on Friday 7-9 hrs, and it would usually run out about 1/2 way through the day on Saturday. That is on a 22r with a Cam and Header in a buggy with a 125 mixer. 100 mixers seem to use a little less. When I ran a 33lb tank it would usually run out sometime late in the day on Friday or early Saturday. You should be able to make it out to Mason Jar and Back at least 3 times on one tank if you are staying in Evarts. If you were closer I would let you borrow one of mine but I don't think it would be worth your while.
            UGLY OFFROAD

Comment

I don't know how much it helps, but I ran my 1.3 for about 7 hours on one day and 9 hours on the next and still had a little fuel left. I figure that would give you about 8 hours of runtime on a tank.
              1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
              FJ 40 axles (4.10)
              5.14 tcase
              36" TSL SX

Comment

With my 4.3 we drove from the cabins behind the gas station 3 times,did the waterfall,beat on cream puff,did lil jager,lower rock garden,lower profanity,middle rock garden,can opener,lions den,and mason jar on one tank. But I was worried about making it back. Zach has a 22r on pane and had plenty of fuel left. If you want,I have two tanks you can BORROW for the trip.

Comment

i going fall crawl also and been getting 5hrs out a tank! bringin 7 with me
                  SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by twiztedzuki View Post
                    i going fall crawl also and been getting 5hrs out a tank! bringin 7 with me
                    Holy moley. Do u travel w a hazardous material permit?
                    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Its cause hes got the john force funnycar super duper motor in it. Thirsty!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
                      my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

probly need one! been waiting get pulld over for mobile meth lab in back of dually!! i was hoping for a tank a day wheelin but looks like winter i be workin on mounting dual tanks in buggy for the wheelin season nxt year
                        SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Working...
                        X