Need off-road trip suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need off-road trip suggestions

A group from our club has a tradition of going to Slade / Sandlick every November for a long weekend of riding (usually Friday at Sandlick and Saturday on Booth's land). We also stay at Lil' Abners this weekend vs. roughing it in tents.

This year a few of us have thrown around trying someplace else about the same distance away and that could allow 2 full days of riding.

Harlan is nice but also an extra 4 hour round trip...not out of the question.

Is Big Rock large enough to support 2 solid days of riding? What are the options for overnight stay in the area? Are there 2 parks close enough together to ride one on Friday and the other on Saturday without a big drive?

big rock is large enough IMO as i find it hard to really cover alot of real estate in a truck compared to a quad. however, i was less than impressed with bigrock. it looked cool in all the photo's i have seen on here, but spend all day wheeling there and never found anything that great. it was fun, but overall most of the park is just gravel roads we spend a lot of time on just finding a decent trail.

what about blue ridge and/or coal creek in Tennesee? can't be any farther than harlan and both parks are big. never been to either though. i don't know of anyplace with parks close together, most are at least an hour apart.
    beat up rusted out k5

Comment

Gold Mountain, Royal Blue, Windrock/Coal creek, all in Tenn and about 5 or 6 hours from Cincy... The Badlands in Indiana... There is also a couple places in Missouri...

I don't remember how i stubled on to it the other day, but i came across a site that had a huge list of parks by state... If i come across it again i will post a link...

sigpic
      chris hodges
      96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
      71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Working...
      X