butch's newest build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• butch's newest build

for those that know butch, you know butch can't just be happy with what he has. he had a bad ass cj, got sick of being the first into every trail, so he sold it and went back to a tj with a 4'' lift and 35's for a few years of trail riding.

then they build joey's race buggy, and the itch was in him again, so he parted the tj out, pulled everything from the daily driver tj, and put it under the trail tj, making it his new daily driver (it was newer and had a 4.0l, vs. the 2.5 in the other, they both had 4'' lifts and 35's).

so here is what he started with.
    the rockwelled cj

the 2001 trail tj

the 98 soon to be built tj/the starting point
    zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

sorry, no real pics of the build up, i cant find them on my computer, when i find some, i'll post them

anyways, butch has always had a truck, but was currently without, but he did have 2 jeeps, and didn't want to get rid of one. he also wanted a trail rig that he could daily drive with no worries. so he just decided to take all his wants and needs and combine them....

so the tj was chopped in half, frame extended 2 feet, a set of 60's tossed under, the tub was shortened 36'', 3 link front, 4 link rear, foa coil overs all around mounted to trailing arms in teh rear with a set of fox 2.0's mounted out back filling up room till he can afford the triple bypasses it was made for. alot of tube and plate work thrown in for good measure, a bed made to resemble an old willys pickup with some butch and joey flare aded for good measure, a built 5.0l mated to a c6 with a reverse manual valve body and a twin sticked 205. the factory seats recovered in black with harley orange piping and stitching, alot of aluminum accents, and a whole bunch of little detail work that will make anyone go off in the their pants upon closer inspection. this thing is absolutely ridiculous.

ride height is still not properly set, as the correct springs have not arrived yet. it will sit 3-4 inches higher, and will eventually be riding on 40's as opposed to the 37's it is now on as money allows.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

paint is harley orange, everything else is painted with rustoleum hammered sprayed through a paint gun so touch ups after every wheeling trip won't be a problem.

the windshield is pinned for easy removal.

everything on this was built by hand. they bought a lathe and mill so they could make everything for it and to be able to repair everything on the race buggy. and speaking of the race buggy, here is it waiting to be cleaned and have the new new ls6's lifters to be replaced last week ater the DTOR race. i love this buggy.

Comment

found a couple of early pics

Comment

I'm more impressed with how clean the garage is,but the jeep looks nice too...:p

Comment

Love it!! Love the orange, the idea of having a bed and even has the right engine. Job well done

Comment

Too sweet to wheel, too hot not to.
                      I hate mud!

Comment

It will be wheeled hard. The first scratch will hurt im sure.

Comment

that thing is sweet... i really like the look of the bed and the cage work...

sigpic
                          chris hodges
                          96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                          71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

slick rig...

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
                            my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

well that is a jeep i might be able to wheel if i was to wheel a jeep!
                              Thanks,
                              67fastback

-------------
                              84 Honda cr60r - for sale
                              87 Honda 200sx - for sale
                              67 Mustang fastback - under restoration MCA #63430
                              04 Silverado 2500 crew cab
                              87 sami - "SPLAT"
                              87 sami tin top - "Blue Fire"
                              88 sami - "Squirt"

My New Video Channel -http://www.youtube.com/PhillbillyProduction

My Video Channel - http://www.youtube.com/justworkn

Comment

Working...
                              X