Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Towing through Cincy from Dayton. I-75 or?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towing through Cincy from Dayton. I-75 or?

Going to be hitting it ~5or 6ish, how's the traffic been? I've gone 275W in the past and it was good moving traffic but made for a Loooong bypass. Is there construction or daily stoppage? I HATE the thought of sitting on 75 again.
    Gimmie a full report.

I'd try to reschedule!

If its gotta be rushhour, I guess I'd do 75-275-71-471-275-75....

75 just sucks...

Robert
    DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
    Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
      I'd try to reschedule!

If its gotta be rushhour, I guess I'd do 75-275-71-471-275-75....

75 just sucks...

Robert
      I agree... ain't they working on 75 north of 275 or did that finaly get finished?

If it were me i would get off 75 in Monroe and come 63 to 741 and get on 71 by Kings Island...

Get to 71 and it will be some what better... If you can manage to get to 71 around Kings Island at about 4pm... That one hour makes a huge difference... If not on Friday it will be a little better too...

sigpic
      chris hodges
      96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
      71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Gonna be Thursday around 5 or 6, the worse possible time unfortunatly
        If the area North of the 75-275 split is messed up then I'll be screwed there, darn.

Comment

The area north of I-275 that is under construction is from just south of the new Austin Pike interchange to just south of the Middletown interchange (exit 32). Three lanes of southbound traffic is maintained through this area, but it does shift lanes a couple of times. Once the traffic from Exit 32's entrance ramp to I-75 enters, there is no regular construction southward to 275.
          sigpic1950 CJ3A. Oddfire 225 V6, T-86 transmission, Dana 18 transfer case, 4 wheel disc brakes, locked front and rear. Manual saginaw steering. Warn winch, 9,000#.

Comment

That will work, thanks. I might just try 71 this trip, never gone that way before.

Comment

You can go down 48 and cut over to 71 in Lebanon, I forget the road, it has been years since I went that way. I went 35 to 71 for years going to Columbus, but don't think that would work going south.

Comment

I just hate 75 inside the loop in general. I avoid it whenever I can
                91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                X