Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else get to wheel this week end ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else get to wheel this week end ?

Dang the weather was nice ! Spent all day Sat. in the garage working on the Jimmy and then Yesterday I treated my self to a full day in the woods with the YJ . It was officially its shake down run ! did great and made it home wet and muddy with only a broken shock mount :)

Tree climbing

I posted this one cause it really shows the dove in the rear , this was a poser shot on a gravel pile .....

Nice! Gravel pile looks like it would make a good jump! You going to be at haspin friday night?
    sigpic

Comment

I spent the weekend in Dugger,In. (RedBird).The weather was awesome.. Some of the trails are pretty narrow .But,I managed to get my wide azz through.Leaving a little yellow (from the beadlock rings) on each tree I rubbed.

Nick
      Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
      Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
        Nice! Gravel pile looks like it would make a good jump! You going to be at haspin friday night?
        I don't think I'm going to be able to make the trip next week end , I will be at the lake picking up the boat, but we are going to do a little riding while we are down there.

As far as the pile looking like a jump ..... It would be fun ....... once !!!!

Comment

Took the quads to big rock.
          Just got a 2003 660 raptor and it was its first run as well as my first trip to big rock.
          It was a great day to be out there.
          BYAAH!!!

Comment

I rode all day at Slade. Had a great day until the the other Jeep lost a lower BJ.

------------------------------------

my rig

Comment

Originally posted by frankensteinxj View Post
              Took the quads to big rock... It was a great day to be out there.
              I was there in my black two-door, with a green sammi and a dark blue TJ.

And it was a GREAT day to be out...

Robert
              DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
              Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
                I was there in my black two-door, with a green sammi and a dark blue TJ.

And it was a GREAT day to be out...

Robert
                I seen you guys at camp.
                BYAAH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kentuckytwostep View Post
                  I rode all day at Slade. Had a great day until the the other Jeep lost a lower BJ.
                  I was the guy in the black diesel Blazer you passed Saturday morning on that one hill (Jacob's Ladder???).

Our group was staying at Lil' Abners.

Friday we ran the area around Sandlick - Slider, Little and Big Widowmaker, Devil's Brew. Had a YJ break a front axle u-joint first thing that morning on Slider but we just winched him up to the top and he headed back to do repairs. Late afternoon a TJ blew out a rear driveshaft and broke both rear shock mounts off the axle on Widowmaker...fortunately towards the end of the trail and only needed to be tugged twice to get out of the creek. He did need pulled up a hill on the gravel road on the way out. Even with a locked front axle, 36" Swampers, and some momentum he just spun out.

Saturday we ran around Booth's land and surrounding area (and since somebody always makes a comment, we had permission from Charles). Ran up Jacob's Ladder (?), Hairpin, and Lower Staircase. Still fumbling around this area as we don't know it real well. On the way back that evening a few of us stopped off to run Carb Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
                    I was the guy in the black diesel Blazer you passed Saturday morning on that one hill (Jacob's Ladder???).

Our group was staying at Lil' Abners.
                    I figured that was you all that was at Lil' Abners. I passed that orange Bronco heading that way on 11 that morning.

I would have liked to followed you all over to hairpin and lower but the other guy was really wanting to get over to the other side of the hill.

After passing you all on Jacob's ladder, I went on down past Holiday and then on down what should be named... so lets call it "Lower Ladder" turned around and came back up. It was nasty. We came on back up and continued up Holiday and Jacob's. Went over and ran Widow, circled around did Little Widow, then went over to Slider. Afterwards we came back to the creek and that's when ol' boy broke. It was after 4pm at that time so I just hightailed it to my truck and trailer and drove it back in there to that open area where everybody congregates.

my rig

Comment

After passing you all on Jacob's ladder, I went on down past Holiday and then on down what should be named... so lets call it "Lower Ladder" turned around and came back up. It was nasty.
                      Sounds like you are talking about that uphill section that puts the drivers side down in the rocky wash out. It's been a year since I had been there but don't remember it being anything at all in the past. One guy said last time he was there (less than a year ago) he drove up it in 2wd.

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
                        Sounds like you are talking about that uphill section that puts the drivers side down in the rocky wash out. It's been a year since I had been there but don't remember it being anything at all in the past. One guy said last time he was there (less than a year ago) he drove up it in 2wd.
                        That the spot and I concur with what he said. It was just a trail going up a hill side a year ago. I've heard that it was like this in the past as well and someone dozed it smooth. Not sure if there is any truth to it but as quickly as it has washed out I believe it. Hell I came up it back in the middle of September when it was dry and walked up it.

my rig

Comment

yeah bottom of holiday was nasty and threw you over on drivers door if not careful, it been logged and they dragged timber out that way. now it getting fun again like it used to be
                          SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by twiztedzuki View Post
                            yeah bottom of holiday was nasty and threw you over on drivers door if not careful, it been logged and they dragged timber out that way. now it getting fun again like it used to be
                            I know I had fun getting up it!! Thought a couple of times I was going to do some body work.

my rig

Comment

I know I had fun getting up it!! Thought a couple of times I was going to do some body work.
                              Here are some pics from that spot. This Sami was the smallest rig with 31's w/ dual lockers and 6.5:1 T-case gears and wound up winching. The old Bronco got really off camber and couldn't get the engine restarted so he winched also.

Comment

Working...
                              X