Talk to me about this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk to me about this

The bumper is 3/16 x 3 x3 inch, the swing out arm is 3/8 x 3 x 3 inch, the center 3 x 3 for the tire mount is 3/16 inch and the outside framing is 1/8 x 3 x3 inch.

The spare tire will be offset about 3 inches to the drivers side to keep the spacing an even 15 inches on both side for gas cans. This leaves me room to fill the Jeeps gas tank with out opening the bumper. Since I have a glass body the pass side gas filler is higher than stock due to reinforcing of the glass body.

I think the gas cans will be between the spare tire and a flip up or down table on the inside of the rack.

I was thinking maybe a small winch somewhere on top of the framing to lift the spare tire. I'm getting older and my youngest daughter has her eye on my Jeep someday.

I don't care about looks as long as it works for me,I still need to cut everything so the squares will be only big enough for a gas can. Thoughts, suggestions what do you think????

You know I'll talk to ya, but I add no value ;)
    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

is any way to mount winch low and mount a pulley high? i think thatway winch could pull tire up but also be usefull for other stuff and be solider mounted...?

it looks nice btw. u make it all?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
      my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

Originally posted by yellowjacket View Post
        is any way to mount winch low and mount a pulley high? i think thatway winch could pull tire up but also be usefull for other stuff and be solider mounted...?

it looks nice btw. u make it all?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
        Solider??????
        S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
          You know I'll talk to ya, but I add no value ;)
          Your counted for moral or immoral support

I was kind of thinking mounting the winch on one side and the the hook to the other. Some sort of a sling to lift the bottom of the tire up.

Comment

I agree with yellowjacket, I think the wench down low would work well with a pulley on the top to change the direction of the cable. What kind of weight is your spindle rated for? It looks like a lot of weight hanging on just one pivot point.

I like the air tank, looks like it will be a pretty killer set up when you have it finished. The table on the backside is a great idea, there is never enough room to set your samich down when on the trail, Well thought out.

you need a couple of my 3" led puck lights to face down at your table ;) ...... Don't wanna knock over your bee... soda at night lol

Comment

You could save some weight by angling the uprights of the spare carrier to meet in the center (Inverted "Y").

As to the winch...

Plug it into the receiver and pull it up using a snatch block at the top of the spare carrier. OR: Fab the spare carrier vertical using standard 2.5" receiver tube, (or leave enough free to make a receiver "sleeve") and you can mount a temp snatch block to hoist up the spare. Pull it out when the spare is bolted on.
              Last edited by TomH; 02-20-2012, 05:28 PM.

Comment

The spindle is from 4x4 Lab and is rated at 3500 pounds and was the biggest I could find. Jeremy there will be some leds on the back sometime I'm slow at doing things and this working stuff sucks.

Comment

I couldn't agree more! I wish this pesky job didn't eat up so much time.

As thankful as I am to have a good job it really dose cut into the Jeep building time.

Comment

I picked up some parts at the swap meet Sunday and had the Day off for the shin dig in Tipp City so I made some progress today on my bumper.

I got these lights for the Polaris years ago and they never worked out on it but they should work out fine to light up the table. Looks like I will have room for the jack and a shovel also.

Comment

Looks great GPER. Looks like it's only about 45lbs?

Comment

Originally posted by FluxIndustries View Post
                        Looks great GPER. Looks like it's only about 45lbs?
                        That would be before I fill the gas cans

Comment

Working...
                        X