log homes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• log homes

We are considering buy a log house. I already know there is some termite damage but I am hoping this gives me lots of negotiation power with the bank that owns it. I know nothing about maintenance on these. Anyone have any experience?
    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

It would be hard replacing the bottom logs.

Comment

log home

my inlaws have a log home and im thinking about building on myself..The thing is to keep the stain and watter sealer on them bout every 3 to 5 years its a lot of work but there nice and warm easy to heat and cool.

Comment

A guy I used to work with had one and believe it or not, squirrels were his biggest issue. They would chew on the corners of the logs and really wreaked havoc.

Comment

Logs do have to be tightened occasionally for the first several years. It may not be an issue in an older home.
          1994 Dodge Ram 5.9L SWB
          3/4 axles, 39.5 IROKS, HYDRO assist

Comment

Originally posted by BIGRAM View Post
            Logs do have to be tightened occasionally for the first several years. It may not be an issue in an older home.
            It is 22 years old so that shouldn't be an issue but some do need to be replaced. Who would do that type of work? I think that's a little more than I want to try.

Comment

I don't know where this place is your looking at but out east of Columbus towards Logan, nelsonville there's log home builders all over.

Strokin' Away

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger View Post
                A guy I used to work with had one and believe it or not, squirrels were his biggest issue. They would chew on the corners of the logs and really wreaked havoc.
                Where does he live, I'll take care of it for him. I love me some fried squirrel.
                ------------------------------------

my rig

Comment

Originally posted by fordman00 View Post
                  I don't know where this place is your looking at but out east of Columbus towards Logan, nelsonville there's log home builders all over.

Strokin' Away
                  This is on the east side of cinch. Milford area.

Comment

That's the only places I know. Google?

Strokin' Away

Comment

We were scheduled to go through again today and were going to make an offer. Got a call this morning. It went pending. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                      X