Gas tank sealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas tank sealer

I could not justify 300 bucks for two new plastic military gas cans. I went with the Crown steel gas cans, but I would like to coat the insides of them so I don't have to keep the cans full of gas all of the time.

Anyone recommend a gas tank sealer that wont peel and can be bought locally??? If I can't find it locally I was thinking of the POR 15 gas tank sealer and getting it mail order.

POR15 is the only one I'm familiar with.

Nick
    Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
    Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

i used a product on a motorcycle many years ago it was 2 part acid etch and a sealer. i beleive the name was kreem but it worked perfect.
      One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

We've used a couple different coatings on motorcycle tanks, can't remember the brands of any of them though. I would check out some motorcycle shops, as this is a fairly common thing for them.
        JT Jones

83 Toyota - beater
        87 Toyota Truggy

Comment

I will do that, thank you.

Comment

I think this may work, as long as my imagination doesn't get too far ahead of my skills

Comment

we sold Kreem when i worked at a cycle shop. 2 part, works well.
              beat up rusted out k5

Comment

KOI auto parts in middletown sells a good gas tank sealer.
                If you can't fix it with a hammer,you have an electrical problem

Comment

Auto parts stores around here don't have it, I checked the motorcycle shop and the kit for a 3 gallon tank is 50 bucks. 4 bottles a Kreem to do the two cans would be 100 bucks since they are new and didn't need the cleaner. I ordered a quart of POR 15 gas tank sealer off of e bay for about 35 and total is 50 bucks so it is shipped to the door.

The kid at the motorcycle shop said some of the radiator shops coat gas tanks too. I might follow up when I get them done.

Comment

Working...
                  X