No announcement yet.

Child custody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have shared parenting but she only gets the kids the time specified in the standard order of visitation: every Wednesday and every other weekend. The only reason it is listed as "shared parenting" is for her to avoid paying me child support. I assure you she pays no child support although I have the kids about 70% of the time just as if I had "custody."

With shared parenting the judge has more discretion to eliminate/amend/or alter child support whereas there is little to no leeway when one parent has full custody, according to the worthless POS I have to deal with at CSEA with my spousal support.

In Ohio shared parenting is not supposed to be forced as a guideline, but obviously judges do what they want half of the time as it is a guideline, not a requirement.

Comment

Also, as far as paying support goes, the only other way to get it lowered even if not custodial parent is if she has equal or more income and even if the custodial parent remarries or gets married to a millionaire, it still doesn't matter. they only look at their W2 not household income. Yea, another part of the whole mess that blows. :(
      Romans 7-8

Comment

Like incommando says, pretty much the judge can do anything they want.

Your best hope is to file for full and if she is smart shell agree to shared. She can also agree to a lower support amount.

I have shared custody, but only legally get her on the weekends and alternate holidays.
        I pay $150 a month support.
        www.offroadohio.com
        www.facebook.com/offroadohio1
        www.youtube.com/offroadohio1
        www.photobucket.com/offroadohio

Comment

Working...
        X