Trailer rental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer rental

I m looking for someone or some place to rent a 30' trailer to haul some toys down to harlan. The catch, I dont have a gooseneck/fifth wheel setup, just the ol hitch on the back. Anyone know some place that would have something like that?

How big of rigs? How Many? I know smith trailers off of rt 42 in mason does or did.When I called a year it two ago they quoted me $50 for like a day and a half for a car trailer.

Strokin' Away

Comment

i need to pull 2 rigs a 86 4runner and a 98 wrangler. I know the 4runner is right around 15 foot, it is just sly of fitting in the back of a 17 ft u haul truck, which is 14 foot. So 25' would be tight but doable 30 would really work better. I d be pulling it with a 2010 dodge 2500 4x4 quad cab diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by NKYJEEPSTER View Post
        i need to pull 2 rigs a 86 4runner and a 98 wrangler. I know the 4runner is right around 15 foot, it is just sly of fitting in the back of a 17 ft u haul truck, which is 14 foot. So 25' would be tight but doable 30 would really work better. I d be pulling it with a 2010 dodge 2500 4x4 quad cab diesel.
        The TJ should only be about 12'7", so it'd fit in the box...

Not the best or most legal solution, but I guess its an option...

Robert
        DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
        Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

something like this ?
          http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/bfs/2832363899.html
          sigpic
          chris hodges
          96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
          71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

that trailer would be perfect, just not looking to buy one, only really need it once. tow cap is like 12500lbs or so, should handle it fine. I figure I would pull the TJ on as far forward as I could, then bumper to bumper the yota on since its got some room to hang off the back.

Comment

You will be over weight by a good amount, put in a b&w turnover ball hitch and rent a goose . Tag is gona weigh at least 5 k to be able to handle that load. I have to same truck as you but 2011 with the HO cummins and wouldn't pull what you are.. just my feelings
              Dont look @ me in that tone of voice or I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE SHIRT! :mad:

Comment

well then looks like I ll be looking for both truck and trailer

Comment

When are you going to go? If I am the same time I may have room on my goose.

Comment

I will give that a third, I pulled around 7500 lbs of alum and trailer a couple weeks ago with a 09 2500 Cummins. I wouldn't want to pull to much more than that.

Comment

I pull 8,500-9,000 lbs. on my car hauler all of the time in my Chevy 2500HD with the little 6.0L gas engine and it handles fine, and a friend pulls that much with his 2500 Dodge with the 5.7 Hemi. Sort of surprised of some of the comments about not wanting to tow that much. It's everybodies personal opinion but 7,500 lbs. barely qualifies for more than an 1/2 ton truck, and you definitely don't need a diesel dually to pull that.

I will agree that pulling a 30' or some bumper pull at 15,000 lbs. and more is starting to push it a little, but keep in mind that a decent size Bobcat on a trailer can easily push 12-14k.

Comment

My comment was over all weight and length, a 30 foot tag with 10k on it will control the truck especially in the mountains. I wouldnt hesitate to tow 14 or 15 with mine but on a shorter trailer or a goose I would do 20. Just one of those things that ya need to know yer truck and its abiltys, because towing to harlan and find out yer truck won't handle the weight and push ya off the road your lesson learned maybe yer last one.

Comment

I don't think the weight is as much of an issue as the length. But then again, what about those tri axle boat trailers? I would say easily 30 feet and 12k. I will tell you from experience, plan your turns. I had to back back onto a busy street because I almost clipped a telephone pole.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
                          91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

I've pulled a 31ft travel trailer all over the country with my diesel excursion just fine. I'm not sure of the weight but it has to be getting close to 10k lbs all loaded up. Make sure you have a good weight distribution hitch and some type of sway control and I would say you should be fine. I would be little concerned about the tongue weight with having one of the vehicles pulled all the way forward. I do have air bags to help with that but you may not want to add those for just one trip.

Comment

Oh yeah a good trailer brake controller and good working trailer brakes would be an absolute necessity as well. Got to stop all that weight

Comment

Working...
                              X