ruff idle on my 5.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ruff idle on my 5.3

Got a Ruff idle on my 5.3, does anyone have a dignostic port for it and could help a brother out? It's in the jeep and I really don't want to trailer it to auto zone or take it to Cincy speed.
    Dont look @ me in that tone of voice or I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE SHIRT! :mad:

Are you talking about an OBD scanner?

If you're in the neighborhood (Anderson Twp.) stop by and you can plug it in.

Good luck.

Comment

yeah its a obd scanner, prob is it is in my crawler and that makes logistics a issue

Comment

Give Coby a call jason, i know he has a hand held.

Or buy yourself a cheap one, yer gonna need it in the future. Will suck to try to diagnose at camp without one.

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
          Give Coby a call jason, i know he has a hand held.

Or buy yourself a cheap one, yer gonna need it in the future. Will suck to try to diagnose at camp without one.
          I had a buddy stop over today I am gona get one for sho, his was on his lap top and was pimp, you could adjust settings etc on it

Comment

Did ya get it figured out? What was it?
            S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

I had a few stored codes romoved those, re ran it and it reads its runin lean, gota figure out what's I need to.do to fix that

Comment

How many miles are it? Does it do it all the time or is it worse when it is cold? The reason I ask is because my truck (1999, 5.3) started with a rough idle when it was cold, and continued to get worse over time and run rough when warm. Got lean codes, misfire bank 1 & 2 codes, yada, yada, yada. Finally narrowed it down to the intake gasket. Super easy to replace. Good luck tracking down the problem.
                One Country, One Flag, One Language...
                LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by biggin69 View Post
                  How many miles are it? Does it do it all the time or is it worse when it is cold? The reason I ask is because my truck (1999, 5.3) started with a rough idle when it was cold, and continued to get worse over time and run rough when warm. Got lean codes, misfire bank 1 & 2 codes, yada, yada, yada. Finally narrowed it down to the intake gasket. Super easy to replace. Good luck tracking down the problem.
                  X2 intake gaskets are a common problem on them.
                  beat up rusted out k5

Comment

Yup intake gasket and replace #7 injector while it's apart... It collects the most ****
                    S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

what type of fuel system are you running?

Comment

Just FYI also , the LS motors will run like crap if the throttle body gets dirty , My 6.0 started running rough and stalling at stops. $3.99 bottle of TB cleaner and it runs great, I think I have cleaned everyones TB on my street now

Comment

Walbro GSL392 Fuel Pump (External)
                          Fuel Filter/Regulator
                          20 Feet of 3/8" High Pressure Rubber Fuel Hose
                          Fuel Line Clamps
                          Adapters

thats my set up kirby,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400212661347...84.m1423.l2648

Comment

Working...
                          X