long travel shocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long travel shocks?

so, looking to put some about 12" stroke shocks on my blazer and on my buddies yota. online searching has turned up very little other than outdated numbers from summit. just looking for a reasonably priced normal gas shock with 12" of travel or so.

any suggestions, places to look, part numbers? only place i found some were some rancho 5000 series on a site called streetsideauto.com. thought about just goin to the local parts store and asking for their longest travel shock they stocked.
    beat up rusted out k5

Truckaddons.com in Lexington is where I got mine call their support and tell them what ya want you will have them in a day or so
    Dont look @ me in that tone of voice or I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE SHIRT! :mad:

Comment

Hunt ya up some stock rear shocks off a '99-up Superduty .. I had a set on my last woods beater Blazer and they performed great and they are looong.

They where cheap (free) and lasted longer than the K5 did.

Comment

Performanceoffroadcenter.com bout $27 each
        S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

Originally posted by humpy View Post
          thanks! looks like they are gonna be hard to beat
          beat up rusted out k5

Comment

Originally posted by stickman
            Spend a few extra bucks and get the bilstien 5125. Seriously! .......not kidding! For your basic shock its hard to beat and they survive lots of abuse. Those that have em know what I'm talkin bout.

http://www.trail-gear.com/shocks-and-mounts
            I put these 12" travels outboarded on my cj7 with soa and yj leafs and wow it rides nice. Even better off road. Well worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by humpy View Post
              When I first read this I almost got in my truck came over your house and pushed yer yota over.. then i saw the .com
              Dont look @ me in that tone of voice or I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE SHIRT! :mad:

Comment

Originally posted by jwend View Post
                when i first read this i almost got in my truck came over your house and pushed yer yota over.. Then i saw the .com
                lmfao!!!!!!!!
                S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

Go will Bilsteins for sure. I have the Cognito Motorsports extended Bilstein 5100s on my H3 and they ride amazing and are great off road.

Comment

you can go to the parts house and tell them 85 dodge w30 rear there 12 or 13 in travel i got some at zone for 16 bucks a peice hard to beat for a trail beater

Comment

Originally posted by smack4130 View Post
                      you can go to the parts house and tell them 85 dodge w30 rear there 12 or 13 in travel i got some at zone for 16 bucks a peice hard to beat for a trail beater
                      from re-search online, 4" lift shocks from a first gen avalanche are 12" travel, stock 99-04 super duty rear shocks are about 13" travel as well. seems most newer pickup trucks have some nice long travel rear shocks on them.
                      beat up rusted out k5

Comment

I can't see spending too much money on any slow speed trail crawler when it comes to shocks... before I spent $400 on shocks I'd go coilover.

From what I've heard even the top of the line crawler specific shocks with valving designed for extreme wheeling the improvements are only minor over a street valved unit.

Comment

^^ exactly. more or less he and i are both looking to take the bounce out. both are trail rigs, so at most we might see 20MPH or so and all off road. not looking for a caddy like ride, just a bearable one.

he ordered some rancho's tonight. i will most likely be ordering some of the PORC shocks or possibly just checking out what the local auto parts store has to offer before i order.
                          beat up rusted out k5

Comment

Working...
                          X