Please Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help!

My son has a 1995 jeep wrangler that hesitates during excelleration. I mean all the time it's so bad it can't be driven. Here is what he has done to try to fix the problem. Replaced the fuel filter,o2 sensor,fuel pump, muffler but not the catilitic converter and cleaned the throttle body. Of course his off at collage and left me to pick up the pieces (as usual ).

Originally posted by Cribbetr View Post
    My son has a 1995 jeep wrangler that hesitates during excelleration. I mean all the time it's so bad it can't be driven. Here is what he has done to try to fix the problem. Replaced the fuel filter,o2 sensor,fuel pump, muffler but not the catilitic converter and cleaned the throttle body. Of course his off at collage and left me to pick up the pieces (as usua).

did you try a tune up?
    Fixed my xj and Honda.
    BYAAH!!!

Comment

what kind of spark plugs are in it?? Is it a 6cylinder? Certain brands of spark plugs can make the wrangler 4.0 run very bad. Sounds dumb but it happened to friends jeep, took it to the dealer and they changed out his plugs and put the right ones in.

Comment

X2 on the plugs. My 4.0 would not run those "awesome" $6 a piece E3 spark plugs. They don't like 2 prong plugs. Try sea foaming it. That usually clears up stuff
        If you don't want it broke, don't let me drive it....

Comment

My converter plugged up on one of mine and it would idle great but would not excelerate with out falling on it's face.

Comment

Check the spark plugs.

Nick
            Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
            Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

Originally posted by NKYJEEPSTER View Post
              what kind of spark plugs are in it?? Is it a 6cylinder? Certain brands of spark plugs can make the wrangler 4.0 run very bad. Sounds dumb but it happened to friends jeep, took it to the dealer and they changed out his plugs and put the right ones in.
              I'm the friend... I had Platnium plugs in mine and it would backfire, spit, sputter unless you really got into it. Pedal on the floor it would run like a champ. I exhausted everything I knew and took it to the dealer... Thought oh boy here we go when they told me use the cheapest plugs you can find. Total bill was under 100.

Comment

Autolites are the best plug for any jeep motor. Add some wires, cap,and rotor. And you should be gold. If not, chop the converter off too

Comment

The plugs wires and rotor cap were changed too.

Comment

Originally posted by sarge View Post
                    My converter plugged up on one of mine and it would idle great but would not excelerate with out falling on it's face.
                    How did you come up with that conclusion ?

Comment

My wifes Zj converter collapsed too. After about 100000 or so miles they break down. Cut the pipe behind/in front of it and look in it. If its not bad just weld the pipe back

Comment

I've seen the material inside the convertor break apart and clog the pipe causing the engine to loose power and not run at all.

Nick
                        Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
                        Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

Originally posted by Coppertop View Post
                          I've seen the material inside the convertor break apart and clog the pipe causing the engine to loose power and not run at all.

Nick
                          x2... i've seen it happen on other vehcles too, not just jeeps...

sigpic
                          chris hodges
                          96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                          71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Buy a toyota
                            sigpicI EAT BURRITOS ON EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X