Might be becoming a CORE member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might be becoming a CORE member

Just got a new job in Wilmington starting in a couple of weeks and will be relocating in the area, probably somewhere between Wilmington and Cincy. Hopefully will be able to come to a meeting at some point once we get settled in.

We have just started looking at houses in the Lebanon, Mason, and Kings area. Any reccomendations on areas? You can get some really good deals in Wilmington but not sure I can convince the wife to live there (she wants to be as close to her family as possible which is Reading, Mason, and Fairfield), but would like to keep within 30 minutes of Wilmington. Mason and Kings seem to be kind of expensive and borderline of being within 30 minutes to my job. She also doesn't want live out in the middle of nowhere either.

Any thoughts on school districts. We have 3 young kids and my wife is an ex-teacher, so that is a big selling point.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the fairfield city schools. Hope to see ya on the trails!
    sigpic

Comment

Kings and Mason are both good school districts and Little Miami is in the area you are looking, but they have had a lot of financial troubles the last few years.

I live in an older subdivision in the mason/landen area right off montgomery rd and i am about 30 minutes from wilmington. There are a couple of houses in my neighborhood that are for sale right now.

There are some good deals to be had on houses around here, it just depends on what you are looking for. You can find houses that are brand new up to being 100 years old..

Happy house hunting...

sigpic
      chris hodges
      96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
      71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Think we have some houses in the Landen area to look at this weekend. My wife's cousins own Sharon Nursery right there on Columbia and Western Row.

I think Fairfield is going to be too far away.

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
          Think we have some houses in the Landen area to look at this weekend. My wife's cousins own Sharon Nursery right there on Columbia and Western Row.
          Cool.. My neighborhood is one of the older ones in the area, all the house were built in the 50's...
          sigpic
          chris hodges
          96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
          71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

http://ilrc.ode.state.oh.us/Districts/Default.asp

If you haven't seen them yet, lots of great reference material in the District Report Cards for the different school districts... My wife is also an ex-teacher, so I can relate...

Congrats on the job, and happy house hunting...

Oh yeah, the other resource that I would highly encourage you to utilize is the County Auditor's site... like this one for Warren County: http://www.co.warren.oh.us/auditor/p...arch/index.htm
            brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
            Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Congratulations on the new job! But I thought everyone was leaving Wilmington?
              Romans 7-8

Comment

Originally posted by cincygman View Post
                Congratulations on the new job! But I thought everyone was leaving Wilmington?
                They are, which is why I was surprised to find a job there. DHL pulled out of Wilmington a few years ago which devastated the place. The wife is pretty against living in the Wilmington school district but there are some awesome house deals in the area.

Comment

Working...
                X