Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moab Info?

who's been? any info would be great.

talking about heading out there in maybe 2 years or so, but want to prepare early to know what we are getting ourselves into. if i am goin wheeling a couple days drive from home, i want to go prepared for anything.

would you suggest going with someone who knows the terrain or did you just kinda wing it when you went?
    beat up rusted out k5

Best to go with someone who's been there so you don't waste time trying to guess what trails to run. The trails are better marked than they used to be but it's still very easy to get off track which is a HUGE No-No. The EJS would be great for first timers. They lead and schedule the trail rides,provide interesting info along the way, you get to see tons of different rigs and the money goes to helping keep trails open to the public.
    If you end up going alone you might try stopping at City Market in the mornings, people used to hang out there for "pickup" rides. You may find some with similarly equipt rigs that you can hook up with for the day.
    Avoid July and August, you'll bake in the Sun.

Comment

Ive been a dozen times or so. Most of the trails are doable with a rig on 35's an locked. I would highly recommend any wheeler to head out. I love going out during EJS just to see friends and all the new stuff. Labor day weekend is also a good time. There are certain trails you just have to hit, Hells Revenge, Moab Rim(it's the best ran at night), Rusty Nail(great views and great obstacles), Prichett Canyon. The Moab trail guide books are pretty good. You can pick them up about any where in town or you can find them online if you want to get the excitement going early. If you have any questions feel free to ask. You will have a great time.
      www.roarkfabrication.com

Comment

thanks guys. i know it is one thing on my bucket list to do for sure. i know by the time we go, i should be locked on tons hopefully on about 40's, but at the very least locked on 36's possibly still on my dinky half ton axles.

over the next while i plan on getting as much info as i can, look at the trails and such.
        beat up rusted out k5

Comment

Don't let not having a modified rig stop you from going. Moab can be a blast in a bone stock 4x4. Theres plenty of places to see in a stockish vehicle, more than you could do in a couple of weeks. The main thing you need is a RELIABLE rig, good brakes, cooling, tires (they don't have to be big or aggressive) and so on.
          Just Do It.

Comment

Working...
          X