wedge/ ramp truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wedge/ ramp truck

anybody every use a wedge or ramp truck ?
    like it better than a trailer?
    pro or cons please post up I am thinking of getting one
    thanks George

thought about it, i just hav a pickup bed full of things i have to bring when i go for a weekend. just didnt think i had the room on wedge truck
    SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by twiztedzuki View Post
      thought about it, i just hav a pickup bed full of things i have to bring when i go for a weekend. just didnt think i had the room on wedge truck
      most wedge trucks have storage under the wedge for spare parts and such

guy who i go out with has a roll back he tows with often. seems like a great idea IMO.
      beat up rusted out k5

Comment

I have had both this truck

and this truck

I like the flat bed best.

Prefer it over a trailer anyday. both trucks had large amounts of storage under the bed, and I could also tow a trailer with both. I had a truck on both and a trailer with another truck behind them numerious times.
        www.offroadohio.com
        www.facebook.com/offroadohio1
        www.youtube.com/offroadohio1
        www.photobucket.com/offroadohio

Comment

I found one with wedge but I would rather have the flat my self plus its a crew cab with a 36 inch sleeper but only has a 350 in it

Comment

Here's an ex box truck we converted:

My buddy uses it to haul mowers/mulch/landscape equipment, but we just had to see how well the Blazer fit.

Comment

looks like I may try and find a 26 foot uhaul and make one from that

Comment

We use dovetail trucks at work and drive farm tractors on the back and they work great. One thing I have always wanted to to is drop the bed hieght. It would work as long as your inside track width of your buggy was wider than the frame rails of the truck. Your buggy would bascially straddle the frame rails and the bed would be mounted on the bottom of the frame rails.

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                  If you go that route, make it a toter home.
                  One Country, One Flag, One Language...
                  LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                    Originally posted by biggin69 View Post
                    If you go that route, make it a toter home.
                    Yeah, just leave the box on and have a dry place to camp and store your ****

Comment

yep figure leave 10 foot of the box and a 16 foot flatbed

Comment

When I used to go to truck pulls all the time as a kid, a lot of guys would convert school buses to haulers for their pulling trucks. Just a thought

Comment

my chevy only had a 350. wasnt really underpowered
                          www.offroadohio.com
                          www.facebook.com/offroadohio1
                          www.youtube.com/offroadohio1
                          www.photobucket.com/offroadohio

Comment

This combo ramp/flatbed truck blows me away. Though the departure angle may not work as well here as in the flat land of Florida. I like how low it seems to sit. I have this build bookmarked. Some day I may have the skills to build something similar. Anyhow, the build thread is attached if you want to look at it. The thread is only 4 pages long.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=985928
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic1950 CJ3A. Oddfire 225 V6, T-86 transmission, Dana 18 transfer case, 4 wheel disc brakes, locked front and rear. Manual saginaw steering. Warn winch, 9,000#.

Comment

Working...
                            X