Student Loans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student Loans?

Anyone have any resources for student loans in default/pending litigation? Attorney names? Anything? Feel free to PM me, if better for both of us.

PS While not for me, I'd rather not go into many details on a public forum. Looking for some help; hoping someone has been through this or knows someone who has.
    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

They garnished the daughter's wages for awhile. I have seen the things about the student loan forgiveness things, but no info from them. Please keep me informed if you find anything about them.

Comment

Found something about filing chapter 13 bankrupty to restructure payments (won't be discharged) for 3-5 years. Could pave the way for an 'undue hardship' with that. So much info, who knows if it's real ... right.
      I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

That was why I never paid too much attention to the adds I saw, I figured they were just more scams.

Comment

Originally posted by GPER View Post
          That was why I never paid too much attention to the adds I saw, I figured they were just more scams.
          I know, it's hard to filter through the garbage. Talking to an atty tomorrow to see myth v fact on a few things.

Comment

Chris has been doing recovery and collections for more years than I'm allowed to tell you, a LOT of it student loans.

I'm sure she could give you some info from that end of it...

Robert
            DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
            Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

The wife listens to Coast to Coast there is an author Alan Collinge. He has a book and a web site and said even if you file bankruptcy, you still have to pay the student loan back. Maybe you can find out more on his web site and get the book at the library. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by GPER View Post
                The wife listens to Coast to Coast there is an author Alan Collinge. He has a book and a web site and said even if you file bankruptcy, you still have to pay the student loan back. Maybe you can find out more on his web site and get the book at the library. Good luck.
                Right, a bankrupcty will not discharge a debt, but a 13 will allow for a reorg/payment plan that is structured through the courts. thanks

Comment

Working...
                X