how much tube?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much tube?

gonna be ordering tube to build a roll cage in my K5 soon. About how much tube would be used in a pretty basic interior cage?

it won't be too extravagant as it is my first from scratch cage but i do want to make it pretty safe. completely interior cage covering all passengers. i was thinking i cold use about 5 sticks or so, 100'. will that be enough or will i need more? rock sliders will be made from this as well.
    beat up rusted out k5

I bought about 240' to do the exo on my Chevy. You would think 100' would be good for an interior cage.

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
      I bought about 240' to do the exo on my Chevy. You would think 100' would be good for an interior cage.
      thats kinda the lines i was thinking.

my buddy used about 180 on his full exo yota. since i won't be doing anything forward of the fire wall and will be less since it will be interior, i would hope 100 would do, but i want to order it all at once, not find out i am a stick short when it is almost done and have to order more.
      beat up rusted out k5

Comment

Never hurts to have extra

Comment

might get 6 sticks just to be sure. i still have some small pieces i could use for bracing left over from the cage in my XJ if need be.
          beat up rusted out k5

Comment

It is always nice to have extra and depending on how crazy you get with it and how much you "waste" plays a part also The sliders will take up quite a bit. All in all depends on how much you want done.

Comment

Working...
            X