A/C to Air Compressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C to Air Compressor

I m looking into converting my A/C over to an air compressor in my 4runner. Sure someone has done this, looking for what I need to make the upgrade. I have a complete A/C system on the rig.

I have the York mounted with the Kilby kit, the York keeps oil in it's crankcase. You would need an oilier if yours is different.

Comment

Here's a link to one on jeepforum.com

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/c...s-pics-194132/

Comment

did they put york compressor on any of the 4runners or trucks?

Comment

There are different extremes on how to do it. A buddy of mine has a factory setup on a Ford (I believe an A6 style compressor...does not have an internal oil system like a York). You have two lines on the compressor, one is intake and one is outlet (compressed air). On his intake line he just stuck on a simple filter with a T that he takes the cap off and puts a few drops of oil down it when he uses it. On the outlet side he just plumbed in a pop-off valve and a typical quick release connector to hook up an air hose. To turn it on and off by the clutch pulley he just has aligator clips he hooks to the battery. This all very crude and minimal....but that's his style. The system actually works very good and has been in use for many years to fill tires and run air tools.

Comment

I actually have all my old stuff from my conversion on my 88 XJ. I have the lines to the hook hook up to a tank and then a line out the back for a hook up. I have a tank with a pop off valve and a pressure switch that is 90-125 PSI. Basically the system is just like a house comp. Flip the switch when you want air and it fills and stays within the 90-125 PSi range. I need to get rid of it since I don't have my XJ anymore. I used an oiler on the front of the intake and a filter to remove the junk after the exhaust. Check valve also to not let the air bleed off.

88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

I was cleaning out my garage yesterday and found a box. In that box, a brand new aftermarket York A/C system for a ford vehicle. Now to figure out how to mount it up. Found everything from original mounting brackets to a new coil.

Comment

wish I could find that kind of stuff stashed away in my garage...
                ------------------------------------

my rig

Comment

Originally posted by NKYJEEPSTER View Post
                  did they put york compressor on any of the 4runners or trucks?
                  I am not sure most of the Toy's could turn a York AND power the vehicle...

Comment

Working...
                  X