X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trailer tires

I am looking for some trailer tires now
    say 225/75/15 e rated tires
    i need the over hight to be about 29" or under...so they will fit under the deck.
    rims I have are some old 5x5 jeep rims not sure of center hole diameter..

Question is who has a good price on some tires under 100 bucks each around cincy?
    Thanks,
    67fastback

-------------
    84 Honda cr60r - for sale
    87 Honda 200sx - for sale
    67 Mustang fastback - under restoration MCA #63430
    04 Silverado 2500 crew cab
    87 sami - "SPLAT"
    87 sami tin top - "Blue Fire"
    88 sami - "Squirt"

My New Video Channel -http://www.youtube.com/PhillbillyProduction

My Video Channel - http://www.youtube.com/justworkn

Getting an E rated tire at $100 each new is not gonna be easy. Carlisle radial trailer tires in a 10 ply rated are gonna run you about $125-$135 each unless you know of a source I'm not aware of. You can get carlisles in a 6 or 8 ply rated for $88 to $95 all day long, not including mount and balance of course. But 10 ply rated tires bring a little more cash. Do definitely get an e rated tho, as your trailer is gonna have enough flex already without having to worry about sidewall walk and sway.

Comment

Brighton truck down in walton has the best prices on trailer tires i know of. last time i checked, you could get a 10 ply deestone brand tire for about $90
      beat up rusted out k5

Comment

Originally posted by stickman
        Smith trailers off rt 42 north of 275. When it comes to trailer tires I trust the Chinese brands more than USA. Carlisle quality has gone way down.
        If they price tires like they do trailers, expect to pay about $350 per tire!!!
        One Country, One Flag, One Language...
        LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by biggin69 View Post
          If they price tires like they do trailers, expect to pay about $350 per tire!!!
          x5
          sigpic
          chris hodges
          96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
          71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Originally posted by stickman
            Smith trailers off rt 42 north of 275. When it comes to trailer tires I trust the Chinese brands more than USA. Carlisle quality has gone way down.

I've had Carlisle E-rate radial trailer tires for a couple of years now with no problems. My buddy's trailer had D-rated on it when he bought it new (actually had 2 bias and 2 radial but he didn't catch it until later) probably 4-5 years ago. His trail rig is full-sized F250 with 1-tons, big-block, 42's, etc... so is probably in the 6k range plus he regularly hauls other cars and trucks he buys (I know he's had some crewcab 1-ton trucks on it). He has never had a tire failure after all of these years and many thousands of miles.

There is a lot of negative comments about Carlisle and Goodyear on the internet, but they are proportional to how many are out there. Somebody has any type of issue with a tire and they jump on the internet and complain about it, even if there is more to the story (i.e. probably not the actual tire's fault). Very, very few people get on the internet and say "I bought these tires and they do fine). When you have 1/2 million tires in the public all you need is a fraction of a percent of tires with issues to get hundreds or thousands of negative internet posts. The reason you don't see many negative posts on these Chinese brands is simply because there are not nearly as many out there.

Let's say there are a 1/2 million Carlisle and Goodyear trailer tires on the market. If only 0.5% of these tires have issues you get 25,000 complaints.

A new Chinese trailer tire comes on the market that only has 50,000 tires in the market but has a 25% issue rate....that's only half as many complaints.

So what tire is better? The one only has half the internet bashing posts even though there issue rate is much higher?

You may think the numbers above are an exaggeration to prove a point but I would say they they probably aren't too far off.

With that said I know a couple of guys with Chinese tires they seem to be doing fine.

Comment

Working...
            X